PDA

View Full Version : Toybox for Grand Daughter

Router-Jim
01-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Sometimes a picture is better than words. I always tell people what I like about my CompuCarve is it's ability to make an average project special.

Plain Jane toy box and same toy box with a simple carving:

pkunk
01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
You did good! Plain Jane likes to dress up too!:p

Dirtydan
01-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Very nice Jim... I just got tasked to make some room signs for my grandkids...

Sometimes a picture is better than words. I always tell people what I like about my CompuCarve is it's ability to make an average project special.

mtylerfl
01-08-2008, 07:03 PM

Hello Router-Jim,

That is wonderful! Great idea to personalize it for your grand-daughter -bet she loves it!

hotpop
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi Router-Jim,

Good looking toy box. It brought back memories of the toy box my dad built for me 60 years ago. As I remember it, mine had teddy bear decals on it. Funny how some things can trigger old memories.

Router-Jim
01-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments. Claire just loved opening and closing the lid and hearing her echo inside. (14 months old) LOL

I designed it to also serve as a bench and can picture it sitting at the foot of her bed as she gets older.

Jim

oldjoe
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
If there is an echo inside that must mean its empty what kind of grandpa gives his granddaughter and empty toy box LOL.
Beautiful job on that looks great I am sure she will always cherish it, But watch it, when she gets old enough she will want you to make a Hope Chest, do they even have them anymore.

forqnc
01-09-2008, 12:17 PM
But watch it, when she gets old enough she will want you to make a Hope Chest, do they even have them anymore.

Careful what you are saying Old Joe, yes they still have them, my wife's filling one up for our eldest, the youngest doesn't have one. If the wife see's your comment, I can see me making 2, one for the youngest then one for the eldest when her sisters looks better. :rolleyes::p