PDA

View Full Version : My first projects...picture frames

deemon328
01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Here are my first two successful projects! They're in the raw out of the machine. I had a few chip outs, but I can shape them during the sanding process.

They're picture frames to hold a couple 4x6 photos from my 10th anniversary trip to Nemacolin. My wife took a bunch of photos of me on the rock wall and the ropes course there, which was quite the adventure for me since I'm a little fearful of heights.

The tall frame symbols mean 'confront your fears' and the wide frame symbols mean 'discover your strength'.

DrBob
01-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Very Nice Dustin
I have a question?
I am in the middle of doing some picture frames myself, but I cant figure out how to measure the hole size the designer
How did you measure it.
Bob

TerryT
01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Those are great looking frames.

deemon328
01-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Dr. Bob:

My photos are 4"x6", so I made a rectangle in Designer 3.5" x 5.5" and did a cut path on the inside of the rectangle. On the back, I used a straight bit with 3/8" width and depth on the router table.

Thanks!

mtylerfl
01-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Very nice design. Great job!

deemon328
01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I just had to share this with you guys. I put my photos on one of the Tabula Rasa website forums, and I got this really cool response from the game developers whose language I used for the frames:

Sent to the dev team. Responses:

- Are they taking orders? Those rock!

- If they are, we should at least get one of those and put a team picture in it for the hallway.

- Those are awesome!

- Agreed, “I’d buy that for a dollar!”

- It’s very cool. I love that people are so into it they get inspired to do things like that!!

So, of course, now I'm embarrassed that I put up un-sanded un-finished pics taken quickly in my den. If I had known it would reach them, I would have been carving out of rosewood or sapele or something exotic to really pop the eye and got out the lightbox to take some proper pictures.

Anyhow, just wanted to share how thrilled I am at the response!

SevenCubed
01-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I was going to ask the source of your glyphs... Really cool stuff! Not enough Videogame-themed work around here. =D Keep it up!

Also, it seems really strange that there aren't MORE pictureframes done... Seems like it'd be an easy project, and your results came out nicely.