PDA

View Full Version : Carving Problems / Posible Stepping

adriano
01-06-2008, 06:50 AM
I was using Designer Software version 1.20 without any problem and my carving were working fine, I switched to version 1.25 and my carvings are 1/8" deeper and it appears that it might have stepped down from the outer edge of the carving. I tried several carvings with the same results. I checked the belt, sensors stc... and found nothing. I switched back to version 1.20 and my problems are gone and the carvings are fine.

The carving that I saved in version 1.25 can no longer be used in version 1.20 so that is one down side. I'd like to use the newer version but it just doens't work for me. I've sent e-mail to LHR but no replies or phone calls.

Any thoughts?
Mike

Virginia Beach Carver
01-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Software upgrades should add more features and improve the way task are performed. It seems that the CarveWright software people have not figured that out yet or are having a really hard time getting it right.

Had my machine for a few months and can tell you this is the only software I am afraid to upgrade. Never know what will be taken away in trade for what is added and if it will work as good as the first software I had?

I have Seven (yes 7) computers in my home and upgrade software all the time and have never heard the percentage of complaints about upgrades as I have here, is anybody at CarveWright going to tell us what they are planning to do about the problems????

mtylerfl
01-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Software upgrades should add more features and improve the way task are performed. It seems that the CarveWright software people have not figured that out yet or are having a really hard time getting it right.

Had my machine for a few months and can tell you this is the only software I am afraid to upgrade. Never know what will be taken away in trade for what is added and if it will work as good as the first software I had?

I have Seven (yes 7) computers in my home and upgrade software all the time and have never heard the percentage of complaints about upgrades as I have here, is anybody at CarveWright going to tell us what they are planning to do about the problems????

Hello Virginia Beach Carver,

While we're not "afraid" to update to the 1.125 version, there is a sound reason why we have not, in our case, since we create commercial patterns for sale and have to consider the entire CC/CW population...

We have found that it is best to continue to create our patterns using the original pattern format found in the earlier versions of Designer (i.e., 1.120 version of the software and earlier).

Why? Because it keeps all our patterns totally compatible with ALL versions of Designer thus far.

In other words, if we created and saved a pattern using the new 1.125 version (which we do not), and a customer is still running the "old" 1.120 version, he cannot import the "new 1.125 version" pattern into his Pattern Library (an error message will pop up saying "nameofpattern.ptn is corrupted or is not a recognized type"

Since we still create and save our patterns with the earlier version of the software, our customers can use all our patterns no matter what version of the software they are running, without fear of an error message and failed import!

We want to be sure that our patterns maintain compatibility with any version of Designer that a person chooses to use. The only way to do that at the present time is to create and save patterns in the original format. So far, that method works out beautifully for us and for our customers.

I believe everyone is aware that a pattern purchased from the new Pattern Depot, will "require" an update to the 1.125 version of the software in order to use those particular patterns.

In contrast, we continue to offer pattern format compatability for all versions of Designer to date.