PDA

View Full Version : They did it this time!!!!!!

TerryT
01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
My wife bought the scanner probe for me for christmas. When I went to use it I found that the jack was broken from the circuit board behind the spindle and the board was flopping around loose. I finally contacted LHR after several days of calling and not getting an answer. I spoke to someone I believe he said his name was Daniel. I told him the problem and he said "well we don't use that for the scanner anymore." I told him I was aware of that. I told him I needed a replacement and he repeated the "we don't use that anymore". I told him I had to have it repaired and he agreeded to send the new z pack so that the scanner can plug into the lid. I got conformation that it was shipping even. Then today I get email that said my order was declined. No expaination or anything.

The machine is still under warranty. I have been very tolarant of LHR in the past as they seemed to be trying hard to make things right, but this goes too far.

I guess I'll be contacting an attorney on monday.

pkunk
01-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Wouldn't it be nicer/easier to just call & talk to someone else and get it straightened out? I'm sure it's just a slip up & maybe a new employee during the holiday season. However, if you're the type to sue over a trivial matter such as this, then have fun.:rolleyes:

TerryT
01-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Wouldn't it be nicer/easier to just call & talk to someone else and get it straightened out? I'm sure it's just a slip up & maybe a new employee during the holiday season. However, if you're the type to sue over a trivial matter such as this, then have fun.:rolleyes:

Paul,
Maybe a couple thousand bucks is trivial to you, but not to most of us. It might be better to call (which I will do) if they would answer their phones. It has been taking multiple attempts over sometimes two or three days just to talk to someone. Then their response is "we don't use that anymore". He did not have any suggestions on how to fix it, just that they don't use it anymore. Then after I ask about the new z bundle that moves the probe circuit to the cover, he says he will send one, I get email saying the part is being shipped, then another saying it is not, with NO reason given. I have been waiting over a week now, maybe another week I can find out why they didn't do what they should have done. Then maybe another week if I'm lucky for them to rectify the situation.

Sorry, I am frustrated and have not been treated the way a customer should be. I will calm down by Monday when I try to call AGAIN but this kind of thing really should not happen.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Terry

Jeff_Birt
01-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Terry, I'm not sure you would have to go to all the trouble of replacing the Z-bundle anyhow. I think perhaps maybe all you need is the adapter cable (but I'm not sure). I know things like this can be frustrating but all of us goof up every once in a while, (had it happen at dinner tonight, the waitress accidentally keyed in a pork platter instead of brisket, they had the proper meal out to me in another 5 min though, in the meantime I just ate some of my wife's bread ;), but all in all the meal and service were great). You might also try sending an email to info@carvewright.com explaining the situation.

pkunk
01-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I've not heard of a Daniel, so he must be new & untrained. Bear in mind this is just past a major holiday season. Would you prefer that all tech support calls go to India? I think not. Patience is a virtue, & we could all use more of it.

dougmsbbs
01-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I have to say Terry has a point. When you can get someone on the phone, I have nothing but good things to say about the people at LHR. But getting them can be a problem. I recently spent three days trying to get a human to pick up the phone. I left messages, but never did get a call back.
My machine has now been down for eight days. Between the holidays and the dozens of calls I made to get ahold of them, the machine is still in the middle of my living room, waiting for UPS to pick it up. Tech support said it had to go back Wednesday, so I expected it to be picked up Thursday. But it didn't get the managers approval until this afternoon. So now I wait till Monday to even get it shipped out...
They REALLY need to get more people on the phone down there!

TerryT
01-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Terry, I'm not sure you would have to go to all the trouble of replacing the Z-bundle anyhow. I think perhaps maybe all you need is the adapter cable (but I'm not sure). I know things like this can be frustrating but all of us goof up every once in a while, (had it happen at dinner tonight, the waitress accidentally keyed in a pork platter instead of brisket, they had the proper meal out to me in another 5 min though, in the meantime I just ate some of my wife's bread ;), but all in all the meal and service were great). You might also try sending an email to info@carvewright.com explaining the situation.

Jeff,
If the new z isn't required to reroute the circuit to the cover, then I have even more problems. I have the adapter cable and have plugged it into the cover recepticle. I set the software for "probe plug into cover" When I turned the machine on I got the usual display on the screen. I went to options and then scan area and the machine asked me to load and plug in the probe, it already was plugged in. The sensor check shows the probe as being "open" no matter what you do. Move the probe side to side, what ever.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Terry

Digitalwoodshop
01-04-2008, 09:41 PM
I believe Terry still has the 16 pin Z Cable not the 14 pin new Z Bundle. The hardware is still wired for only the Z jack.

I believe he asked for the Z Bundle to fix his problem with the loose Z Circuit Card and after review turned him down.

Could be that they don't believe he has a probe due to the Wife purchasing it and don't want to just send it to them.

I agree that a call to Customer Service is in order to resolve your problem.

AL

TerryT
01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Al,
You are right. I have the 16 pin z cable. Since my plug in jack and circuit board are broken and they don't (apparently) support it any longer, I believe I need the 14 pin z bundle. However, if Jeff is correct and it isn't needed then I have other problems. The sensor test shows the probe as closed no matter what. I originally thought it said open but it is closed. Now, when I plug in the probe and turn the machine on, the display says "scan area" and it will go through the jog to position and touch down etc, but the probe is closed and does not move other than side to side if there were something there to scan it would just push it out of the way. I went through the list and tried the "set maximum depth" then placed a piece of mdf under the probe and the machine drove the probe about a quarter inch into the mdf.

I just think it should be easier than this.

Jeff_Birt
01-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Terry, it is likely that I am completely wrong....wouldn't be the first time. Try getting a CW tech on the phone tomorrow and get the scoop from them.

bluecobra
01-05-2008, 09:31 AM
When calling, use their 800 number (1-800-573-1226), it seems like they answer that more often than the other numbers.

Another thing, if you can't get a live person for a specific department hang up and try in a different department. They will forward you to the proper person if they're there.

And lastly, if you get an answer that seems a little odd for the situation, try again for a different person the next day.

I've had to call them multiple times regarding pattern purchases and software upgrades/registrations and had nothing but great service.

So give them a chance, somebody will help you sooner or later.

TerryT
01-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Henry was working today. He was as baffled as I about this problem. However, he did clear up one question. He stated that two different engineers told him that the new 907 Z bundle IS required in order to operate the probe from the top plug in. He placed another order to ship one to me. I made him promise to, at least, let me know what is happening rather than just an annonimous email telling me I'm not getting any help.

Oh, and my blood pressure went way down after talking to Henry.

Thanks for all of your help and thoughts on this.

TerryT
01-08-2008, 07:42 AM
I received a phone call from Henry first thing monday morning. He put me in contact with Shane, a supervisor. She did some checking and could not find any reason for the parts shippment to be declined. Couldn't even find out who did it, let alone why. She walked the shipping order out to the warehouse and assured me that the parts would ship by the end of the day. A week or so ship time and we will see what happens. Both Shane and Henry were very helpful.

RSLaser51
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Terri,
If you have the new z bundle with the adaptor cable, it could be that the 8mm plug on your probe is bad. I hooked up a new probe to mine, did one scan ok. Second scan said "Open probe", checked it out and found 8mm probe connector bad. I replaced the connector with a new one (I am electronics engineer, so had no problems here), it scanned first piece completely, no problem. Part way thru second scan, same problem. Checked it again, had same problem. I then cut 8mm probe connector off, cut off the 8mm connector from the adaptor cable and spliced the probe cable directly to the adaptor cable. Haven't had a problem since (over 15 more scans done so far). If you choose to do this make sure that you connect the wires correctly! I think the probe is just a set of switches, which wouldn't care which wire went to which, but I haven't taken one apart yet, so I wouldn't take the chance. Seems that the wire used in the probe cable is very fragile and breaks easily at the connector. Hope this helps.

Tony
V1.125