PDA

View Full Version : Ten rounds with Mike Tyson.....

forqnc
01-01-2008, 01:36 PM
...but I won. :D

Problem - Cheap frames and bad hanging causing our Family pictures to fall off the wall.
Solution - make some shelves.

It sounded simple until I include the CW.
First problem, the bit plate would not come out, cleaned and lubed, problem fixed. Then the board sensor needed cleaning, then the same board that had measured fine, now has a problem, flipped it, twisted it, sanded it OK now we can carve. This all took about an hour so frustration was boiling, but patience and everything went fine afterwards. I also believe a cold shop did not help, but after the first carving it seemed that everything 'warmed' up. I know you are not supposed to run the machine under a certain temp. but these where the last days of my vacation and wanted to get this project done. The longest part of the project was all the hand routing.
Anyhow, just another idea using the CW.

The wood is just standard Lowes Red Oak, with a tung oil finish.

forqnc
01-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Of course 3 where not enough so yesterday was another trip to Lowes and make 2 more. And I also was able to get a Last supper carving I promised the wife 7 months ago. :rolleyes:

Kenm810
01-01-2008, 03:01 PM
forqnc,

Great idea, and Great Job

Barb has already put her order in for three on each side French Doors leading in from our Sun Room,
plus two more in the hallway to my Den.--- And now she looking down stairs

Barb told me to say
Thanks for Sharing http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Virginia Beach Carver
01-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Thats a pretty good idea and they look great.