PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem with the scanning probe

Chandi
01-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the scanner probe for the Carvewright machine. The probe won't go down to touch the sled board surface like it did before when I was scanning other items. Keep in mind that it was working before, and I was able to scan other items with the same sled and everything.

1. The sled holding the item to be scanned has 1" rails. This shouldn't be a problem because it worked before.

2. The sled board surface is clean of dust and any sawdust build-up.

3. The probe itself is clean.

4. I've tried re-calibrating the machine.

5. I've tried formatting the card and updating the firmware.

6. The items I'm trying to scan shouldn't be the problem, because the probe doesn't even get that far.

So, any ideas?

mtylerfl
01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Hello Chandi,

Please see the following...

http://forum.carvewright.com/showpost.php?p=39725&postcount=2

Ron
01-01-2008, 07:40 PM
I had the same problem couldnt figure it out.Called lhr and they asked if i had a voltmeter i said i didnt, they said i had to have one to check it.After i checked everything else on my own.That was a few weeks ago i guess i just let it go.This morning I thought of it again.I could push it down manually and it would work,So I took the air compressor and blew every nick and cranny out.Plugged the probe in and put the sled in without anything on it just to see guess what it works again.It apparently was dirty even though i thought i usually cleaned it pretty well.Maybe theres an obstruction holding something up??