PDA

View Full Version : 28 Bottle Wine Rack

hotpop
01-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Just a little more of showing off.

28 Bottle Wine Rack

First, I want say thanks to Digitalwoodshop for sharing his Quilt Rack QR4.mpc file. I used his end panel design as a starting point. I removed his hole pattern and added eight new holes for the bottle racks then added the pattern (purchased from CW). I used 12”x36”x ¾” red oak for the two end panels. After the end panels were cut I ran a router around the edges with a 1/8” radius bit. Sanded, stained and finished it.

The bottle racks are also red oak. The board size going into the machine is 6”x36”x3/4”. The board yields two racks. After the CarveWright was done I cut the ends off at the 1/16” deep groove. Next I cut the bottoms to 2 ½” wide on the table saw, radius the edges then ran a ¼’ bead along the bottom faces. Sand, stain and finish.

Stain – MinWax Golden Oak
Finish – Waterlox Satin (2 coats)

Final assembly uses 3/8” oak dowels.

This was a fun project. I’m going to build some more.

BTW: I did not use sleds for this project.

Feel free to use the attached mpc files.

LollyWood
01-01-2008, 11:44 AM
HP,
Now that's some NICE work my friend. Like the inovation. :D

Bernie :^)

Digitalwoodshop
01-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Nice Job on the Wine Rack. Glad you posted the pictures.

Here is my version along with the follow on model in prototype. The sides will be cut down with a even top shelf with a wine glass holder under the shelf. I will use biscuits with no glue to hold the top shelf to keep it a break down model. It can be ordered in 1 to 12 bottles wide, what ever fits your space.

I even have a drop in insert that lets the wine rack be a Ski or Snowboard holder. In that picture with the old ski's with the quilt rack on the left you can see the Quilt Rack to the right that is a Fishing Rod Holder

Thanks,

AL

The Wine Racks also make a good Book or CD holder.... Note the popular Christmas Ornaments in picture 1. Thanks KEN !!!! Also see the Pooh Bear hanging on the Toilet Seat to the left in Picture 1..... Just sold the Bear with double stick tape.

Too bad I priced myself too high and did not sell many.

www.go3d.us
01-03-2008, 12:07 AM
That's great! Look like digitalwoodshop has (edit) a competition. :)
HT