PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry box - Dumb question

jpaluck
12-31-2007, 10:55 AM
I got the files off the site to make the project. The project is 4 different mpc files. How do I merge these to one to cut on one board? Thanks for your help.

Kenm810
12-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi jpaluck, Welcome to the forum

As you open each mpc file you can do a (copy & Paste ) to your new project board in designer

Tom75
05-26-2008, 10:26 AM
i have cut out 2 lids front and back and the back side bump out when carved is moved to one side 1/8 inch how do i move it back to other side 1/16 inch to even it out . when i mesurh it the bottom is 5/8 on one side and 1/2 on the other side and the ends are 9/16 . the top from edge to in side angle is even all the way around . i have tryed figureing it out in the program and un able to agust it . i might have missed somthing . any help would be great . i will some pic soon to put up on the fourm . once again thank you for the help . i have asked several qustions before and you guys are awsom .

tom
pembroke MA

Dan-Woodman
05-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Tom
When you were going through the machine operations of measuring,did you instruct it to "place on edge"?

Also is your real board your putting in machine at leat 7" longer than your project in designer?

later Daniel

Tom75
05-26-2008, 07:46 PM
i placed it on edge and the board was 48" . i had allready carved 2 short sides at one end of the board and then turnd it around and carved 2 long sides at the other end then joged the lid to start carving 4 1/2" from the side pices at one end . i aloso have another qustion . i also have cut to size with the 1/8 " cutting bit it cuts all the way around the sides but only 3 sides of the lid (lid bothe long sides and 1 short side ) is that somthing i might have done in the programming and did not reallize or was the start of the carving to close to what was already carved ?

Kix
06-21-2008, 10:43 PM
When I try to make the two sided lid i cut the bottom, then when its time to flip i do so appropriately and get a z axis error, so then i deleted the bottom side of the pattern, measured and marked the top side, jogged to postion with "edge" load the ballnose, switch to the carve bit, still get the z axis stall. Weirdness abounds!

i only searched Jewelry, i did not search dylithium pomegrante, so please dont heckel me for not searching.

Any thoughts? I have to plane the 1/2 inch wood, and am tired of wasting the good stuff on what should be a simple carve.

Oh by the way, google "smacksboosters" I am in no way affiliated with them just want to share interesting info.

Thanks,
Kix

Tom75
06-22-2008, 09:14 AM
check the edges to make shaure they are streight and not taperd .
does the board have a cup in it ?
i have had trubel in the past with boards that where cupped it would carve one side and have an era on the other side . what i did to fix that was when i plained the wood i would send it through at the same setting till the blades whernt touching any more to make shure it was flat on one side then flip over and plain the other side that seems to work. i will look around the forum to find a thred that might be able to help a little more with the problem ..
i hope this this helps like i said i will look around and try to find a thred to help out

Tom75
06-22-2008, 01:20 PM
did some looking around and di not see any thing . i will keep trying

Tom75
06-22-2008, 09:00 PM
i have been looking and did not see any thing but i may have just overlooked the thread .