PDA

View Full Version : Machine Problems:

lootlam
12-29-2007, 03:50 PM
I've received the replacement memory card and it seems to work. Now I want to cut my first project. I have two problems with the machine.

1) I can't get past the "Please Load Piece: Board" statement.

2) I cranked the head to it's highest position and now it's stuck there. I can't move the head down.

Kenm810
12-29-2007, 03:59 PM
I think I can help with #2 Vertical lock up,
Also check the temperature around the machine
It doesn't like cold weather 60 or about is best.

ChrisAlb
12-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi George,

I had a similar problem with the head getting stuck in the upper most position. Learned the hard way to never crank it up "all" the way. This may sound a bit brutal but to get mine down again, First, and I know this seems obvious but, make sure the red locking handle is in the unlocked position, then apply pressure to the top of the head while turning the crank down. Don't worry about the all the clicking. It's just the clutch and it's made to do that. You may have to push quite hard and even (here's the brutal part) firmly rap on the (sides) not center of the head with the ball of your hand while cranking. Also, temperature plays a part in all this. If the machine is cold and by that I mean 65 or less, try a hair dryer to warm around the the 4 support posts. Basicly it's a matter of force without breaking anything.

OR...lol follow Ken's post. His answer seems far more intuitive than mine...lol I just saw it Ken.. Thanks from me as well.

lootlam
12-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the help!

Just got off the phone with the tech and we got the machine DOWN and running. Used the hole through the threaded rod to bring the head down a little to engage the crank.

Also had to move the head up and down a few times to get the rollers to compress on the NEW machine.

Bubbabear
12-29-2007, 05:58 PM
George I can promise you the temps in our little area of North Ga you definatly need the heat on and warm the machine. Been there, Done that and got the Tee-shirt to show it :p temps are important even if we did get a months worth of rain in the last two days. and still a long way from out of drought.. and no i wont turn my heater your way LOL