PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to plug into!

TerryT
12-29-2007, 01:39 PM
I just got my probe for Christmas. Received it last night. Tried to use it this morning but when I went to plug it into the jack on the front of the z spindle the plug just falls back out. I can see a small circuit board flopping around behind the spindle? Probably broken I'm guessing. I have the old z pack, my machine was purchased in July of 07 and has never been sent in to LHR and there is no other plugs visable.

I did a search but didn't find anything on removing the z truck to attempt a repair. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Terry

mtylerfl
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Hello Terry,

Sorry, I just re-read your post more carefully.

I think you may be able to get to the circuit board area by removing the top cover and getting access behind the Z-Truck (you do not want to remove the Z-Truck yourself though -just gain access to the place where the board fell off - hopefully not broken). Maybe a screw fell out and you could re-attach the board yourself. Not sure about the "looseness" of the plug, though - don't know if that's a DIY job.

Digitalwoodshop
12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Terry look at my post on the Z bundle. Look at the pictures of the new Z motor. If you already have the Z pack then you need a jumper wire to the jack on the inside of the left side of the cover. Not the Z Truck circuit board.

AL

TerryT
12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi Al,
I have the old style z. The circuit board for the probe plug in is loose and flopping around behind the spindle. I have never had anything plugged in to it since the machine was new. However, I suspect that my machine was a return that was refurbished. Still it is the old style z. I may try to remove it and see if I can fix the problem but I am not sure how to go about removing the spindle.

Terry

Digitalwoodshop
12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Make sure you unplug the machine as a shorted wire could blow a circuit card.

You need a good quality #2 Philip's and a 13 mm thin wrench, Bike shops have them.

The bearings on the right are eccentric and will move to open the gap to remove the spindle.

Check my post on Spindle with lots of pictures.

If your still under warranty it might be safer to let them do it.

AL

Here is 3 pictures but find the others. If your homing sensor is broken off you might want to contact LHR. If the broken homing sensor shorts it will damage your unit.

LHR is your friend.. 1-800-573-1226.... 4

In my picture 2 is the nut on the jack for the probe. Is your nut still in place?

TerryT
12-31-2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks Al,
The nut is still there but it appears the jack is not connected to the circuit board. Must have broken loose from vibration? I'm still trying to get ahold of LHR but no luck yet.

Thanks
Terry

TerryT
12-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Finally got a hold of L A CHAR. I told them that the jack on the spindle was broken. They said we don't use that any more. I told them I have the old tye z pack. They said we don't use that anymore. I said send me a new z pack bundle. They said OK. So now I wait. Hope it doesn't take too long, I want to play with my new toy.

..... Is it here yet?

Digitalwoodshop
01-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Remember after putting in the new Z Bundle you need to be at a version of the software that uses the 2 scan hook up points. It might come up in "Scan Area".

AL

TerryT
01-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi Al,
I finally upgraded to version 125. Still not happy about the pattern lock thing but this version has some very good improvements. I will set it to scanner connected to lid?

Terry

syxxstring
01-02-2008, 09:31 AM
I got the all in one bundle, and have to say the only way to find out how to plug in the probe was to search here. I had to look under the probe tray to find the adapter and nothing gives you a difinitive answer on where to use the hook.
LHR needs to include a manual supliment or something.

Digitalwoodshop
01-02-2008, 10:37 AM
You need an adapter that plugs into the right side when you open your cover.

AL