PDA

View Full Version : New z-motor bundle

Mikewiz
12-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Hey,

I'm still waiting for the new z-motor bundle to arrive. I recieved an email from lhr with a serial number for the z motor with instructions for registering software serial numbers. Do I have to register the z-motor for the machine to work after installing the new motor?

Thanks, Mikewiz

mtylerfl
12-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Hello Mikewiz,

You don't have to register the z motor per se, but you may need to update your firmware/software so that it will work with the newly engineered z-pak. Maybe that's why they sent info regarding registration - to register the software update(??)

Digitalwoodshop
12-29-2007, 10:29 AM
You will need to upgrade your software after installation or all you will get is "Scan Area" in your display. This is because the wiring of the Z 16 pin to the 14 pin causes the computer to think you have plugged in a scan probe. The new software gives you a Y in the road to select the old probe connection point or the new connection point. If you have a probe you need a jumper cable from LHR.

Good Luck,

AL

Mikewiz
12-29-2007, 12:56 PM
hey guys,

Thanks for the info. I just got my probe for christmas, Just waitng for the jumper cable and z-motor to arrive.

Mikewiz
12-31-2007, 01:22 PM
You will need to upgrade your software after installation or all you will get is "Scan Area" in your display. This is because the wiring of the Z 16 pin to the 14 pin causes the computer to think you have plugged in a scan probe. The new software gives you a Y in the road to select the old probe connection point or the new connection point. If you have a probe you need a jumper cable from LHR.

Good Luck,

AL

Hey AL,

I followed the email directions about the z-motor serial number, I acctivated it but It's stuck in scan mode. How do I upgrade my sofware?

Thank's Mike

mtylerfl
12-31-2007, 01:43 PM
Hey AL,

I followed the email directions about the z-motor serial number, I acctivated it but It's stuck in scan mode. How do I upgrade my sofware?

Thank's Mike

You'll need to update your firmware to 1.121 (download it from the link below)

http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/cw_fw_1_121.mwm
Download the firmware above to a known location on your computer. Then open the Designer and insert your flash card into the programmer.

Select the File->"Flash Manager...", when the Flash Manager opens click the Firmware button. Now click the Choose button from the firmware dialog, and a file browser window will open. Browse to where you downloaded the firmware file and open it. The firmware will now be uploaded on to your card.

After you put the card back in the machine, turn the machine on. It should say “Scan Area”. Hit option “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of "Z truck".

Mikewiz
12-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey Michael,

I figured it out. All I hade to do is change the setting to cover. It's carving away as we speak.

Thanks Mike

mtylerfl
12-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey Michael,

I figured it out. All I hade to do is change the setting to cover. It's carving away as we speak.

Thanks Mike

That's great, Mike. Have fun!