PDA

View Full Version : The Box

oldjoe
12-28-2007, 11:49 AM
I am in the process of resetting up my shop making room for a radial arm saw I just inherited ( just had to brag a little with that info)
And I am also setting up a carving/fininshing room in my basement where I keep my CC nice and cozy but I was looking around and saw I still have the box. Is it ever okay to get rid of the box or do you have keep it forever?

Ron Smith
12-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I am in the process of resetting up my shop making room for a radial arm saw I just inherited ( just had to brag a little with that info)
And I am also setting up a carving/fininshing room in my basement where I keep my CC nice and cozy but I was looking around and saw I still have the box. Is it ever okay to get rid of the box or do you have keep it forever?

Nice gloat on the radial arm saw ... tool gloats are allowed by the way. About the box ... I ditched mine and have wished I had it back a couple of times when a machine return trip was necessary. I tried to package the machine up securely on my own and it was damaged in transit by UPS. They would not honor the insurance I paid because their representative went to LHR to look at it and "determined it was packed insufficiently". Lucky for me the folks at LHR saw it and disagreed with the rep. LHR sent me a new machine to replace it at no charge. That is darn good customer service and hooked me as a supporter for good. This is one package, that heaven forbid you would ever need it, you'd wish you had back.

beachman
12-28-2007, 03:02 PM
if you get rid of that one and ever need another one from lhr,it will cost you big bucks,(about 70$) so i'd hang on to it

newcarver
12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
it is made to fit in that box for shipping, i dont like keeping large boxes either, but on the off chance you have to send it in, all the care taken is helpful

ChrisAlb
12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Since I had to keep the box I decided to make use of it. I carved up a couple nice boards, glued them up and the box now makes a dandy light stand for additional light in my basement (shop for now).

If it takes up space, make it work for it...lol

ruggybear
12-28-2007, 08:08 PM
I read somwhere on this forum that if the box becomes damaged so bad that it cannot be reused then LHR would send you an empty box with all appropriate internal pachaging material. That however does not mean that you should through away the one you now have. Just something to keep in mind should you ever encounter that situation.