PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever

FINGERS
12-27-2007, 08:47 PM
As the snow and ice keeps my Harley off the road in the mid-west, its covered nice and warm in the corner of my Workshop/Warehouse/Garage, and as I sit here with my thum up a jar of fuge, waiting for a part from CW that I ordered the week before x-mas when my machine brokedown "again" the dip-stick didn't put the order in for the part, go figer he must had something else on his mind so I reordered it today and if I get lucky I'll have the part before the end of the year, so anyway I did have time to vent off some steam and show-off my plaque.

gmalanoski
12-27-2007, 09:56 PM
...deja vu

ChrisAlb
12-28-2007, 04:39 AM
As the snow and ice keeps my Harley off the road in the mid-west, its covered nice and warm in the corner of my Workshop/Warehouse/Garage, and as I sit here with my thum up a jar of fuge, waiting for a part from CW that I ordered the week before x-mas when my machine brokedown "again" the dip-stick didn't put the order in for the part, go figer he must had something else on his mind so I reordered it today and if I get lucky I'll have the part before the end of the year, so anyway I did have time to vent off some steam and show-off my plaque.

I'm oh so jelous as my new 07 Ultra Classic sits covered but outside here in NorthEast PA.... Burrrrr I can "Harley" stand it!! I hear it crying out there but our chapter has a new years day ride so perhaps I can warm the oil a bit.

Mikewiz
12-28-2007, 06:26 PM

Hey the same thing happened to me I called on the 15th and the tech never placed the order. Thank god I called wensday to find out. I made a snink about it and they sent it second day, parts will be here tomarrow.

Azbear
12-29-2007, 06:54 AM
I too have been waiting on LHR to return my phone message calls. Wonder if the phones lines are down in TX because of weather issues....

HHMMM....

mwildes
12-30-2007, 06:12 AM
I too have been waiting on LHR to return my phone message calls. Wonder if the phones lines are down in TX because of weather issues....

HHMMM....
Just my two-cents worth........ It appears useless to leave messages with any of the departments at LHR. It's beyond counting how many I have left and have NEVER received even one call-back. So now, when I call and get the answering service, I just hang up. You just have to be persistent and keep calling back, and calling back, and calling back.............. until someone answers. I'm sure their phone lises will remain this busy until all of the kinks are worked out of the machines.

FINGERS
01-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Up And Running Cabin Fever Is Gone, Here Are Some Finished Plaques.

ChrisAlb
01-02-2008, 05:30 AM
Up And Running Cabin Fever Is Gone, Here Are Some Finished Plaques.

MY GOODNESS Fingers, these are INCREDIBLE!! Do you do the painting yourself? If so, could you paint mine? ...lol Truly an artist. Gives me something to aspire to for sure. Thanks for sharing them.

Kenm810
01-02-2008, 06:52 AM
FINGERS,

You picked the perfect piece of stock
for your plaque with the Deer.
The color in the wood grain looks like
autumn mist lifting in the early morning
as the sun is coming up. Well Done

mtylerfl
01-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Hello Fingers,

Beautiful work!

FINGERS
01-02-2008, 11:57 AM
I got lucky with the 5 deer plaque, found some multi-color poplar at home depot, it was the last broad in the pile, it was like finding gold it was just short of 12'x 11.25 I cut it up in 36" pices, my photo does no justice to the plaque, it's 90% clear stan that I mixed with different colored oilbased pant,to make transparent colors so the wood gran can still be seen, it's a good technique just have to prep broad so the stan doesn't bleed.

10-Q ALL