PDA

View Full Version : Duplicating Carves

Gunner
12-27-2007, 11:48 AM
I want to duplicate the same carve on one board. As in carving coasters. Can I change the mpc file to a png file and save as a pattern ? There must be a simple way to do this but I must be looking too hard and can't see it.

As always , thanks for any help.
Must be a dumb azz this morning.

Gunner

mtylerfl
12-27-2007, 12:12 PM
I want to duplicate the same carve on one board. As in carving coasters. Can I change the mpc file to a png file and save as a pattern ? There must be a simple way to do this but I must be looking too hard and can't see it.

As always , thanks for any help.
Must be a dumb azz this morning.

Gunner

Hello Gunner,

Just copy/paste the coaster in your mpc and positon as many as you want on the board. No need to create a pattern, since it is already present on your original mpc.

Gunner
12-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks Michael,
I've tried doing that, it shows up on the clipboard but, not on the drawing. I'm running 1.125.

Gunner

bluecobra
12-27-2007, 10:56 PM
try grouping it then copying it?

bluecobra
12-27-2007, 10:59 PM
sometimes when you paste something it comes in right on top of the copied item. Just drag it over to where you want it to be.

mtylerfl
12-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Thanks Michael,
I've tried doing that, it shows up on the clipboard but, not on the drawing. I'm running 1.125.

Gunner

Hi Gunner,

Are you able to post the mpc (i.e., no unprotected commercial patterns on it)? Perhaps we can take a look at it to see if there is anything "unusual" that is preventing a normal copy/paste function from working.

Gunner
12-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Ok, found the problem. Had to remove cutpath to duplicate.
Thanks all.

Gunner