PDA

View Full Version : Need Techniques to use my new machine

bjbethke
12-27-2007, 09:05 AM
I plan on using a sled for most of my work. I purchased this machine to make table tops and other flat work, like carve photos /with built in frames, cutout patterns for my REVO unit. I have a REVO Legacy Ornamental Mill to make table legs, and to mill mortise and tendon joinery. This unit will make round or square legs, up to 6”x32”

The first thing I need to do is to make cabinet doors. Enclosed is a MPC of a door I will try to make for a corner cabinet that I started over two years ago and need to make 32 ea. – 12”x 10”/14” cabinet doors for the cabinet that goes around the top of my 12’x12’ Wood Shop. I have a problem making these doors square with the equipment I have now. I hope I can make all the doors square with the CarveWright unit, and then carve them. I will make a sled for this.

Thanks again, BJB

TIMCOSBY
12-27-2007, 07:03 PM
flower is a little rough and may chip out some when cutting. try to use the new draft tool in version .125 to see if it will help out some tats what it is for. do it on a scrap piece first cause i don't think you will like the contrast between the flower pattern and the patterns at the bottom. i am assuming the flower came from a photo?? photos take an imence amount of work to look even halfway decent. but it looks like it will carve o.k. except for the chip out thing.