PDA

View Full Version : Help with photos

Lloyd
12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
I have had several inquiries about carving portraits and I don't want to get involved at the moment with learning a new program to change the photos to ptn's. I was wondering if someone would convert the photos, for a fee of course. At the moment I have more interest in playing with wood than a computer. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Durtdawber
12-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Post the pictures here and someone may be able to help. There are many very talented folks here on the forum.

Lloyd
12-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Here is one of the photos. I tried and couldn't get it to look very good.

DrBob
12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
I have had several inquiries about carving portraits and I don't want to get involved at the moment with learning a new program to change the photos to ptn's. I was wondering if someone would convert the photos, for a fee of course. At the moment I have more interest in playing with wood than a computer. If anyone is interested please PM me.

I dont know if you still needed this but hear is a conversion for you if it is what you are looking for
Bob

Lloyd
12-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks this is what I was looking for, but I guess that photo wasn't the best to convert. If you don't mind telling, what program did you use tyo get the edges to curve . Every time I try to convert a photo I can't get the edges to round over. Thanks again for the help.

DrBob
01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Your welcome Lloyd
All I did was open the photo in the Pattern Editor and saved it out as a ptn. file with no changes to it.
It looked good just as it was.
Designer 1.125

Bob

Lloyd
01-01-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't get my scannig probe until the 16th so I have no idea how the pattern editor works. Thank for your help. I'm sure I will have many more questions in the days ahead. Sure glad the forum is here to get the answers.