PDA

View Full Version : history

dragoncarver
12-26-2007, 02:28 PM
hi everyone and happy holidays i am starting this thread to learn the history of the compu carver when i purchased my machine in september of 07 i was told (do not remember by whom) that it was 2d generation machine i have thought about buying one off of ebay and was wondering how i would be able to tell how old the machine is since i have heard of persons buying them and having software problems my machine is in texas right now soon to be returning home with new "z" truck new board sensor and new drive belts so what do you know about the history of these machines when was first one sold is their more than one generation how many software updates has their been

Dan-Woodman
12-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I bought mine in Feb. '06 right after the Kansas City Woodworking show .
They told me that was the first show they ever attended,and before that ,they demonstrated it to a woodworking club in Texas.
It was also in development about 5 years befire that . Chris Lovchek is president and I would quess CEO.
We really should get the story straight from the horses mouth.

later Daniel

pkunk
12-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Dan, your 1st machine & mine are the Beta's that parts are mostly unavailable for anymore. The Compucarve era machines are the ones referred to as second generation machines. My second/replacement machine
is far better than the Beta. & LHR is continually improving the parts that are prone to problems. As to any machine on ebay-ya takes your chances on what you'll get. Could be good, or a nest of worms.

dragoncarver
01-05-2008, 10:10 AM
does that mean the first machines were sold in feb of 06

pkunk
01-05-2008, 10:27 AM
does that mean the first machines were sold in feb of 06
No, there were some sold before that. I'm not sure how much before, but Dan & I were not the first owners.:)

bluecobra
01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
That's where I purchased my CompuCarve from.

I found out later that this seller is an authorized reseller/refurbisher of CompuCarves and that they (the machine) are registered in your name when you win an auction.

Mine came with the updated z board assembly and had no issues since the purchase.

FYI the sellers ebay name is alligatorgalvez and currently has about 3 CompuCarves in auction.

I'm not affiliated with the seller in any way, just had good service and a good product from them and thought I'd mention it.

FWIW :)