PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Editor

robert12
12-26-2007, 10:36 AM
This is my first post so please bear with me.

I have read the changes in the new software that discusses the patter editor. I can't find the Pattern editor.

Could someone please guide me to it?

Thanks

Lin
12-26-2007, 10:43 AM
The pattern editor comes with the probe. If you have not purchased the probe you won't have access to the pattern editor.
Lin

robert12
12-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks, now I know why I can"t find it.

Thanks again.

gmalanoski
12-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Let's say one has purchased the probe....is there an easier way to open pattern editor other than selecting "Download Scan..." from the File menu in the designer and bypassing the error when the card is not installed? It appears that there isn't a seperate app for Pattern Editor and appears that this is simply another form object within the primary application.

Any info is always appreciated. :D

Thanks,

Greg

Jeff_Birt
12-27-2007, 08:27 PM
You can just use File-Open and select a PTN, MPW, or image file type and it will open it in the Pattern Editor. I agree I would rather just be able to fire up the editor and then do what I want. I always feel like I have to 'cheat' the system to get it to launch. (Sort of like having to have a project open before you can get the 'shell' icon to appear, in order to import patterns).

gmalanoski
12-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks Jeff, seems like even a simple command-line attribute read upon execution would be nice to open the editor. I guess all good things come with time.... :)

Greg

Reset
12-27-2007, 08:49 PM
You can double click on a pattern in your library also... it will open that pattern in the pattern editor.

Don't know if it will work in 1.125 thought, would think it would not for non-editable patterns. But may still open the editor :)

Tommy

gmalanoski
12-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the Tip Reset....it does work in 1.125.

Greg

deemon328
12-30-2007, 07:19 PM
What is the advantage to having the pattern editor? Is it powerful enough to replace needing to make patterns in other software?

fyrpuppy
01-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I just recieved my probe yesterday and installed the software tonight. I do not see anything in the Designer software about pattern editor. Am i missing something? Please help?

Jeff_Birt
01-06-2008, 09:16 AM
You have to do two things to be able to use the pattern editor.

#1. Register your probe, this give you the activation code for the editor, once you have it registered you will see a new selection in the Designer File menu: File->Download Scan.
#2. Open a image or pattern to edit (or download scan) through the Designer File->Open menu and it will Open the pattern editor.

I really wish I could just launch the PE just by clicking an Icon on a toolbar (or selection in a menu) rather than having to open the file up using Designer first. I realize it does exactly the same thing, it just makes me feel like I have to cheat the system to get the PE to open.