PDA

View Full Version : little help please

temler
12-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi All

I am about a month away from my warranty expiring. I got my machine the first of this year and then I had to have a knee surgery and they messed it up and did nerve damage and then I had to have 4 back surgeries and just now I have been able to open my box and look at my machine, I am going to have my son-in-law move it to the shop it has been sitting on my coach for almost a year and it is what has helped keep me going through all my surgeries. It’s been my goal to open it up and run it. Ok now for my question since I only have one month left on the warranty I need to know what test I should run on it to make sure every thing is working. Is there something that I can make that would run it through all the test I should run it through. I know there been a lot of problems with the older machines and I hope this is not one of them so I need to know what test I should run it through. I will have it set up by this weekend and start running it(I can’t wait, it been a long wait for this over grown kid to open his new toy):D:D . Are there any changes in the software/firmware on the machine that I should check?
Just any help that you can give me I would appreciate it.
I am worried that I might have one of the lemons I hear about. So I need help to find out what test I should do before this warranty runs out.

Thanks
Tim

DocWheeler
12-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Tim,

It sounds as though you have already had enough rain on your parade!
Your machine will have old software on it that you will need to upload. Also, the "homing" routine has been updated to no longer use the sensor on the side of the Z truck - no problem there, just that that part of the machine has seen changes.

Hopefully the worst thing you will have to contend with is the depression left in your couch after you remove the machine.

I hope that you have taken the time to get familiar with Designer.

Make sure that you run several simple carvings like house numbers or something like that to get the feel of the machine - maybe something like the "Last Supper" would give you some carving time. Get some hours on it this next month to make sure that it is sound.

temler
12-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the info.
Now where do I find the new software for the machine and how do I upload the new software.
I have spent a lot of time on the designer software trying to figure it out but with out seeing my results of what I designed I not sure if I am doing it right. I have uploaded the latest designer software to my computer, I hope that was a good idea since I started reading all the post on this list. I just started to read all the post on this list again. This is a great list where to learn.

Also, the "homing" routine has been updated to no longer use the sensor on the side of the Z truck - no problem there, just that that part of the machine has seen changes.

Is there anything I have to do to fix this or parts to change.

Thanks for all the help. I am sure I will have more of them once I start the machine. I have read the owners manual 30 times I'll bet, now I get to see if what I read really works.

Thanks again
Tim

Bubbabear
12-26-2007, 11:57 AM
open designer click help check for updates

TIMCOSBY
12-26-2007, 11:02 PM
click on flash manager and update the card. leave a couple inches all the way around the bourd thats not carved for your first test cuttings.