PDA

View Full Version : Flash card "error reports"

Azbear
12-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Wondering when uploading a project to the card, any errors the card has from the machine faults, I'm prompted to view/send report. Most times I just ignore the prompt, but sometimes I actually hit the send button. Most times it starts to send then errors or fails to complete the send.

When it "sends", where and who does it go to?
How do I make the corrections so it actually completes the send process?
What is done once the "send" data is complete?

As I stated, most times I just ignore the errors.

ChrisAlb
12-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Wondering when uploading a project to the card, any errors the card has from the machine faults, I'm prompted to view/send report. Most times I just ignore the prompt, but sometimes I actually hit the send button. Most times it starts to send then errors or fails to complete the send.

How do I make the corrections so it actually completes the send process?
What is done once the "send" data is complete?

As I stated, most times I just ignore the errors.

Hi Azbear,

Your questions first:

It goes (at least I'm told), to the good Ole software techs at LHR. It reports at the point of error....

1) the error number(s) and the exact coordinates of every axis position
2) cut motor speed, load and direction
3) the table direction
4) the bit being used and the process it was in

Now as far as sending that data goes, I have had the exact same problem with it starting the process, but failing to send. I haven't actually looked into it yet because, "almost" like you, I just delete them but wish I could send them as it aids LHR in addressing "bugs". Just like Windows does when it reports errors. I'm sure you've seen them before...Right?... LOL

But my take on it is this. My computer is on my home network. Besides the software actually on my machine which "Requires" me to grant permission for ANY app trying to access the net, I have a router and gateway with access protection as well. My guess is it's in there.

Now that I know I'm not the only one, I'll look into it.

Chris :cool:

swhitney
12-26-2007, 09:19 AM

It goes where all the other mysterious undelivered e-mails and deletions and such go to... the big floppy in the sky!!

pkunk
12-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Errors? What errors? I don't get no errors on my card.:D If I've put a bad board in and the machine coughs, I don't wait for the error thing. I turn it off, remove the board, either replace it or correct the problem and start over. On the rare instance that I get a fault in the middle of a project, the error will make it to the card and then I usually will let it report to LHR.
If you're having trouble sending them it's something in your setup that's preventing it such as a firewall.