PDA

View Full Version : tomb stone

bamaman315
12-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I had to put my dog down last night, I have had her for over 15 years, I want to make a tomb stone for her , does anyone have a pattern to share? Thanks in advance.

Mike

TIMCOSBY
12-26-2007, 12:02 AM
there is a tombstone there. i would add some slope and z height diff in a paint program though.

Sarge
12-26-2007, 12:38 AM
B'man,
I can only say I'm sorry for your loss. I lost both of mine within a year of each other (Airborne @ 14 years old and Ranger @ 15 years old). I now have a new puppy (Sarge @ 15 months old). I put this together kinda fast, but you might get an idea from it, maybe it's what you're after.

I have to send you this, my vet sent me it when Airborne and Ranger passed. Driving home the day that Airborne died, I saw a double rainbow. I couldn't do a damned thing but pull over and cry like a baby. I could only think and hope they're running and chasing each other and having fun. I gotta stop...feel tears wellin up.

RAINBOW BRIDGE
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
THEN YOU CROSS RAINBOW BRIDGE TOGETHER....

Azbear
12-26-2007, 05:43 AM
Try this one.

dongear@earthlink.net
12-26-2007, 05:47 AM
I lost my collie last year the day after Thanksgiving. I now have a one year old collie. I am very sorry for your loss, but I am sure you cherish the memories.

"You know you are in heaven when every dog you ever loved rushes up to greet you".

Don

IM2HAPPI
12-26-2007, 06:50 AM
My ESS passed a year ago Oct. I didnt have my carver yet but this is what I did. I woodburned Trigger in and pic,since than I have carved several and still get orders for these. I just cut with band saw shape of 2 bones in form of cross. Sorry no pics since carver, I keep forgetting to take them before they leave the shop. I have 2 on order now.
Barb

bamaman315
12-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Thank you so much for the patterns I am going to try and combine the ideas for the tombstone. I will post a picture when I am done.
It is hard to beleave that a pet could get so close to your heart that it hurts so much when they are not around , I cought myself calling for her when I got home from work today out of habit, but I do know she is not suffering any more. Thanks again for the poem too. I had that in my favorites from the last dog I lost.

scw
12-26-2007, 08:41 PM
there is no more loyal friend....and no greater loss.
my heart goes out to you and your family.

TIMCOSBY
12-27-2007, 12:09 AM
become more than freinds they become family and some are more special than others just like family.
this was a special one lost her over 3 years ago still miss her. she would wait for the misses to leave then jump up in bed with me just like this.

IM2HAPPI
12-27-2007, 05:22 AM
Check out my new avatar, now going to have puppies around Jan 22 ; ) the more the merrier. I was lost so after 6 weeks had to get another, than another ; )
Barb

ronk
12-28-2007, 08:40 AM
I had to put my dog down last night, I have had her for over 15 years, I want to make a tomb stone for her , does anyone have a pattern to share? Thanks in advance.

Mike

I don't have a tombstone to share (still looking) but I did create a plaque when I lost my little buddy of 14 years. (Lost him in 2006). It hangs on our living room wall. I know how everyone feels. Had a hard time reading the posts. I am very sorry for your loss.

Ron

IM2HAPPI
01-03-2008, 06:38 PM
The male thats laying down jumped the fence tonight to go and visit a female dog down the road. We just had to go and get him off the road. Now I have to make another cross ; (

NotHappiatall
Barb

Kenm810
01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
So Very Sorry

b.sumner47
01-03-2008, 08:04 PM
So sorry,I just lost my dog "Cody" about a month ago.I had her almost 12 yrs.:
Capt.Barry :(

bamaman315
01-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I need some help here , I have been working on a tombstone and I don't know how to get the arch section to cut out all I see is a dotted line. Any help would be nice.
Thanks Mike

swhitney
01-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Bamaman:

extend the arch so the end dots are just outside of the board and the cut-path icon should become available... that should give you the arch effect you wish

Scott

bamaman315
01-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the help, I guess this old dog can learn new tricks too.
Happy New Year

bamaman315
01-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Here is my tombstone for my best friend for 15 years. I still need to put a good coat of polly on back side. please let me know what you think.

Skyhawk
09-28-2012, 11:21 AM
I don't have a tombstone to share (still looking) but I did create a plaque when I lost my little buddy of 14 years. (Lost him in 2006). It hangs on our living room wall. I know how everyone feels. Had a hard time reading the posts. I am very sorry for your loss.

Ron

Thanks for the mpc Ronk! We lost our Maltese after 16 1/2 years on Monday...Using the same basic plaque and adding a few things to customize it to our Scrappy I came up with this...

I did the basic painting, and it was then touched up by my wife who is much better at it than I am. The dog on the plaque is a picture of Scrappy imported into Designer...Since he's so white I had to blur the nose and eyes a lot to get them to look OK...It's tough to keep a dry eye while making something like this, this was the toughest project I've had to do so far...

This will be mounted on a 4x4 at t 60 degree angle at the head of his grave so that we can visit him regularly.

SharonB
09-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Losing a faithful friend is as bad losing a child. A part of you is gone forever. The work you and your wife put into this beautiful plaque speaks to just how much Scrappy meant to both of you. Time and memories are great to help ease the loss.