PDA

View Full Version : 1.20 and 1.25???

Ivanq
12-24-2007, 09:22 AM
I see where some have both versions available on their computer - how is this done?. I would like to be able to use both versions as well.

Thanks in Advance
Cliff in Roswell

Gunner
12-24-2007, 10:39 AM
I believe you can list 1.120 under a seperate file name such as 1.120a and then your update shouldn't change it.

TIMCOSBY
12-25-2007, 11:18 PM
rename the carvewright folder to something else then go to that folder and make a new shortcut to it. also yu can call the new download a diff name before installing its somewhere in the install sequence.

Dirtydan
12-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Has anyone answered the question about wheath or not you need two memory cards (one for each version) when you run both versions? Does the machine and memory card know the difference?

Kenm810
12-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Hey Dirtydan,

I originally got my second card for a ‘safety net, backup’ just in case the card that came with the machine for some reason failed.
I soon found it handy having two cards, while one was running in the machine, I could be deleting, formatting, or up loading new carvings on the second.
Lately with the rapid software changes, and with so many folks having problems with the different software versions,
as I would decide to upgrade I would keep the older version on one card and the new version on the other, ‘safety net, backup’ again.
I have all the software versions from 1.13 to 1.125 in separate folders just in case.
The machine doesn’t seem to care between 1.120, 1.124, or 1.125 which version you use.
The little that I’ve used 1.125 so far seems to be working very well with no hiccups.
If all continues trouble free. I’ll soon be back to having the same version on both cards. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

ChrisAlb
12-26-2007, 08:10 AM
1.25 runs perfectly on mine.

swhitney
12-26-2007, 09:31 AM
I mainly use 1.120 for design work and upload to cards with firmware ver1.125 and have experienced no problems thus far.

I do this because I still am a little concerned with being unable to do work with files after they have been saved with 1.125 ('cause ya can't open them in 1.120 after that).

Probably just me being overly cautious...but ..... ... .. .

Maybe therapy will help?? what does a CW therapist get per hour???

Maybe I gots dain bramage

Kenm810
12-26-2007, 10:05 AM
swhitney,

I truly Know how you feel, -- more than once I’ve found myself leaning backing back in my desk chair
staring up and counting the little round holes in ceiling tiles while curing under my breath and muttering to myself.
After realizing I had the wrong software or just lost a designer drawing I’d been working on for the last 3 hours. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

Dirtydan
12-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Will any pcmcia memory card work or is there something special about the CW pcmcia card? Has any one tried a different pcmcia card???

pkunk
12-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Will any pcmcia memory card work or is there something special about the CW pcmcia card? Has any one tried a different pcmcia card???
Nope. Ya gotta have one of them with the CW Name on it.

In a previous question, the machine likes 1.125 on the card. The software doesn't care what firmware is on the card. You don't need to have 2 cards to use 2 versions.

Dirtydan
12-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Pkunk,

Thanks for that info...:D Guess I'll try 1.125 on my laptop...and keep 1.120 on my desktop... Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes, the best of both worlds...

Thanks again...

Sarge
12-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Kenm810; The machine doesn’t seem to care between 1.120, 1.124, or 1.125 which version you use.
The little that I’ve used 1.125 so far seems to be working very well with no hiccups.
If all continues trouble free. I’ll soon be back to having the same version on both cards.

I got my disc with 1.124 and finally got the 1.125 downloaded. I had one with 1.120 and one with 1.125. Carved a plaque with 1.125, then changed cards for a new carve. My machine wouldn't proceed with the 1.120 on the card. I had to go and update the firmware.:(

Dirtydan
12-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Is there a way to add new "Wood" types to the Board Settings / Stain-Finish selection area??? Would like to Add Corian - Glacier White and Bone... Any Idea's...????

Jeff_Birt
12-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Not to sound like a broken record, but did you try and 'Search' for the answer? I searched back and found this: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4422&highlight=wood+folder

Search really is your friend.

Dirtydan
12-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the Slap-Up-Side My Head.... I NEEDED THAT

Not to sound like a broken record, but did you try and 'Search' for the answer? I searched back and found this: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4422&highlight=wood+folder

Search really is your friend.

Sarge
12-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Here's another one Devil Dog:
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2167

I created a solid color background 512 pixels x 512 pixels at 72 dpi saved as a jpg and named it Pine_nograin.jpg I put that file in the Carvewright program file under woods1 and now I can change my board to this, gives a much cleaner image of the carving.

Personally I think this makes it much easier to see the carving texture. What do you think?

Thanks ~Mike
Attached Thumbnails

Dirtydan
12-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Well Jeff and Mike, I had done everything right, except for putting "Pine" in front of the rest of the the file name... Also, it likes 24bit color, not 48bit..

Mike, did you forget the attachments?

Here's another one Devil Dog:
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2167

I created a solid color background 512 pixels x 512 pixels at 72 dpi saved as a jpg and named it Pine_nograin.jpg I put that file in the Carvewright program file under woods1 and now I can change my board to this, gives a much cleaner image of the carving.

Personally I think this makes it much easier to see the carving texture. What do you think?

Thanks ~Mike
Attached Thumbnails