PDA

View Full Version : No control on LCD Dissplay

bjbethke
12-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I received my CarveWright unit on 12/19/07. I formatted the memory card, installed firmware version 1.124, and installed two project programs I designed in the memory card. 7014 KB left on the card. Project Designer and memory work great.

I have a problem with the Keypad and the LCD Display on the machine. LCD will not work. Panel turns on, but the LCD turns on maximum light, no letters, and no control on the keypad. (See photo (if I can download it)). memory card installed.

Does the Cutting Head have a HOME position? Are there any resets?

Thanks bjbethke, bjb@yellville.net
PS: unable to send photo.

Bubbabear
12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
should be a small round button below keypad turn it back and forth see if it will adjust the lcd display

bjbethke
12-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Bubbabear;
The Contrast control works OK. The LCD digits come on maximum light no letters. I think it should come up with the “CarveWright Main Menu”, on the first line. And the second line should read what ever button you push. On my unit all digits are square dots. Both lines, I can control the contrast.

bjbethke bjb@yellville.net

Bubbabear
12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
quick call to lhr

Digitalwoodshop
12-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Betting it's a bad card. Call LHR 800-573-1226

They will most likely walk you through formatting the card and loading the updates but I bet it is a bad card.

AL

bjbethke
12-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Betting it's a bad card. Call LHR 800-573-1226

They will most likely walk you through formatting the card and loading the updates but I bet it is a bad card.

AL
Thanks AL,
I called LHR - New card should arrive Wed. Thanks for the "800" number, I did not have that.
BJB

bjbethke
12-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Greetings;

I still haven’t received my replacement 8MB CW Memory card yet. Henry, the LHR Tech told me Friday the 21st I would receive it today. Got an E-mail from LHR that the card was shipped today.

I need to learn how to send Attachments and MPW, PTM files. On the drop down window, it asks for a URL. I do not have a WEB site, but I will enter the file from my hard drive and see what happens. If the file will not download, I will need someone’s help.

Thanks, BJB

Do you think this MPW will carve OK? Maybe by the end of the week, I might be able to try this unit out. The software works great. Better than my Paint Shop Pro 7 and Adobe Photoshop, I need to work in layers in these programs.

Software Version 1.125, you use the “Big Round Dot” and it wipes out the background. I do use the other programs to change my photos to PNG format.

I took the photo of the Pelican in Fort Myers, Florida in 2006, use to live there in 1960. It was great to go back there again. The place sure changed.

Thanks again BJB

bjbethke
12-26-2007, 08:29 PM
I entered a MPW file it should have been MPC, I will try again, BJB

bjbethke
12-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I will try again to post this file. BJB

TIMCOSBY
12-27-2007, 12:20 AM
using a sled you need to leave about a 1/2" at the top and bottom of the pellican for the top pressure rollers to push down on. you will see a new window pop up when you try to upload to the card saying ignore, autojig or manual jig and will give the reason. if using a sled just pick ignore.
even leaving the 1/2" it will still give the new window pop up just pick ignore i haven't had any problems when leaving at least a 1/2"

TIMCOSBY
12-27-2007, 12:26 AM
i assume your cutting it out manually.

bjbethke
12-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks TIMCOSBY:

I want to close this post when I get my machine running. Hope the new card will do that. I hope I do not need the Troubleshooting Post after that. I will enter a new thread in the Techniques Forum. BJB
I plan to use a sled.

bjbethke
12-30-2007, 12:32 AM
I received my new flash card today, (12/29/2007) the card works OK. I do not know what was wrong with the old card. It would upload PTN files, but the machine would not start. I guess I will need to get a spare card so I do not get any more down time. Also need a spare or two of the carving bit .The machine went through the homing function OK. When the main motor started I heard what sounded like a spark. I thought “O-No”. I stopped the machine and checked to see if a wire was loose. I noticed the bit started to carve, but then stopped carving. The bit was locked in the collet OK. I noticed the tip broke and I found it in the board. The bit still cuts OK in the draft mode, but there is a lot of chip out in the best mode. I may sharpen the bit and use it to test my patterns and not use a good bit for that.

I plan on calling LHR Monday. Other than that the machine works great. It needs a few adjustments. I carved about half dozen 6x6 items with no problems, checking out the machine functions.

I will enclose an upload of the bit, and a photo of my shop.

Bubbabear
12-30-2007, 07:32 AM
I would contact rjustice with a PM here. He has a line of bits and adaptors that are great http://www.carvewright.com/forum/member.php?u=2587