PDA

View Full Version : Board Sensor

ButchM1
12-19-2007, 10:10 PM
I keep getting a board sensor of "0", no matter what tests I run or where the sensor is. I've cleaned it....so what could be the problem? Thanks!

Dirtydan
12-20-2007, 01:29 AM
Take a mirror and see if you can see both LED's clearly... If you can (NO Dust at all), then most likely the sensor is bad.

Did you remove the sensor when you cleaned it?
Did you remove the little clear plastic lens that covers the LED's?
If you removed the sensor to clean it, are there any wires visable behind the sensor? If so, the wires might be pinched/broken.

When you get the Zero reading is the head all the way down on the board? Is the sensor in the center of the board?

With a board installed and the rollers compressed, can you check the lenght of the board, Key 7 and then key 1?

I keep getting a board sensor of "0", no matter what tests I run or where the sensor is. I've cleaned it....so what could be the problem? Thanks!

Ron Smith
12-20-2007, 07:35 AM

I had the same problem week before last. It started as a "clear board sensor" fault, so I wiped off the lens cover and it still gave me the same fault. I took out my mirror and tried checking it. I was getting decent numbers with the mirror, up to 150, but very low numbers when I checked it on a board, so I took the sensor off, removed the clear lens cover, blew everything out, wiped it off and put it back together. Now I didn't get anything, just a zero. I called LHR and they sent me a replacement sensor immediately. I received it and installed it, and the machine is happy again. I finished the carving I had due for Christmas. Sounds like you might need a new sensor. Good luck.

Ron

Digitalwoodshop
12-20-2007, 11:15 PM
I too have gone through 3 board sensors in the last month, all on one machine.... Even stole one from a down machine waiting for parts while the parts were on the way.

Chris Rawls posted a great write up on the board sensor up top. Worth a read, great details.

I have yet to follow his suggestion to seal the board to the plastic carrier preventing dust from making it to the back side of the window and keep them from vibrating loose. All 3 had vibrated and broke the LED's from the plastic holder.

I think sealing will extend the life of the sensors.

AL

Here is the post. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37727#post37727