PDA

View Full Version : cutting out question

natman
12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey all,

I need a little help in a carving project..I need to know how to outline and cut using the 1/8th in cutting tool after doing a frame like the hummingbird one on the carvewright home page..I have laid the patterns out and set everything but I can't get the cut path tool to cut the outline of the carving...I've tried Merging,grouping ,outlining patterns you name it but I can't figure it out

Digitalwoodshop
12-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Most likely some of the patterns you used are purchased. If they are you might need to send the artwork to someone to look at and see what changes are needed. Posting purchased patterns on the form is like giving them away and is not fair to the artist.

I am too new at the artwork side to be of help.

Good Luck,

AL

natman
12-19-2007, 07:40 PM
The patterns are the ones that come in the library and a few that have been shared on here so I don't think that there will be a problem...I just need to know how to or in what order to lay out the work in order for me to carve the project and how to get just the outline of the work to cut out using the machine....I can layout a single pattern and select outline then select cut path and it cuts the outline after doing the carve pattern..When I lay multiple patterns out such as in the hummingbird plaque where as the leaves and the vines extend beyond the oval frame I can not get it to do the cut path on the outside of patterns:-?

natman
12-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Here is the mpc for the mirror plaque I'm working on..If someone wants to give it a shot and see if they can get the cutpath to cut the outline after carving have at it please

Durtdawber
12-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Here ya go...

Basic explanation...

- Group all the patterns that need to be cut around.
- Highlight the same patterns and the group entry.
- Choose cut path
- If several paths are created, find the outer one that follows the cut you want.
- Delete the rest of the paths that are created.

Dirtydan
12-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Here you are...

1. Hold down the "Ctrl" key and left click on every pattern...
2. Right click and select "Group"
3. Richt click on "Pattern Outline"
4. Click on "ut-Path"
5. Click on "Flip Cutout"
6. Click on "Hide Cutout"
7. Click on "Accept"

I removed your inter carving depth of .5 completely and then
8. Click on the inter carving Pattern
9. Click on "Cut-Path"
10. Click on "Hide Cutout"
11. Click on "Accept"

See Attached....

Here is the mpc for the mirror plaque I'm working on..If someone wants to give it a shot and see if they can get the cutpath to cut the outline after carving have at it please