PDA

View Full Version : Where to get parts?

rmct71`
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
After reading some of these posts i have decieded i better stock up on some spare parts just in case something were to break. I went to carvewright's website and found some items, but did not see a flexshaft, or a chuck assembly etc. Maybe i overlooked them? Any help again would be apperciated. Thanks

swhitney
12-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Ya gotta give 'em a call. they do not have them on the web site. Hopefully there will be a page to order the parts and maybe even the ever elusive "exploded view diagram" will become available.

cabnet636
12-19-2007, 03:29 PM
got extra board sensors 15.00 and chucks as well as bit holders

cabnet

ruggybear
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM
How much was the chuck?

Bubbabear
12-19-2007, 05:24 PM
I found several parts on ebay seemed to be good price

Jeff_Birt
12-19-2007, 09:21 PM
You ever wonder where the people selling CW parts on eBay are getting them? I suspect some folks are taking advantage of CW's generous warranty replacement policy and getting parts sent to them that they don't need and selling them on eBay. Might be worth asking the seller where they got the parts.

Bubbabear
12-20-2007, 06:26 AM
you know i ask lhr about wanting broke parts back and they do. and i ask them why they don tell you to send them back and give a prepaid return label i never got an answer. if they would have told me and sent a prepaid shipping i would have sent the PS back

Jeff_Birt
12-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I think there is a glitch in their warranty system that allows some unscrupulous folks to take advantage. I agree that if they don't make it known that they want the old parts back and provide a shipping label then your kind of stuck not knowing what to do. I have heard on larger parts they are implementing a 'cross ship' system where you get a hold placed on a credit card for the new part that gets removed when they get the old one back. I just did a warranty replacement through Kingston memories that way and it works very well for all parties involved.

Bubbabear
12-20-2007, 09:00 AM
yeah most of my computer part suppliers work that way and they send you a return label prepaid