PDA

View Full Version : Stops at load board?

Gallaher
12-17-2007, 05:05 PM
I can get past "load board" anymore.
Any ideas as to this problem?

Jeff_Birt
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Your description does not give us a lot to go on. When you start a project does it ask you to load a board when there is already a board in the machine (or when you load the board the display does not change)? It could be that your pressure rollers are jammed up with sawdust and not letting the switches close, or the head is not coming down far enough, etc. Most of the things it could be are related to keeping the machine clean.

You might also try giving a more detailed description of the problem to see if someone can help. Using 'Search' might help too.

Gallaher
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I pulled up on the board a few times to reset the compression switches.
Works now. :D

newcarver
12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
use some compressed air to clean the roller switches, dust can make the stick

Gallaher
12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
I always vacuum then blow out the machine after each use.
I think I need to wipe down the compression rollers now too.
I was constantly getting door open alarms,
so I used painters tape to secure the door.

I've had lots of system faults, but I seem to be working through them.
It is almost always a switch. It is just a matter of finding where the switch is and clearing the fault.

hotpop
12-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Had the same problem a couple weeks ago with the back pressure roller. Called LHR for help. I was advised to remove the four screws holding up the roller, blow out the roller tracks and insert my finger into the front track to locate the micro switch then pull out the actuator tab slightly. I did so and haven't had the problem reoccur.

Gallaher
12-18-2007, 12:25 AM
I can see to keep this thing running you must know how to take it apart and know what switches cause each fault.

Even my cat is starting to study the machine. :D

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb300/Weitisme/MerlinMaintenance.jpg

Durtdawber
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I had that problem last night. Checked the roller pressure. Turned out to be a little light so I cleaned the screw bolts and it worked better.

Don't know if this is recommended or not but as I lowered the unit, I would place just a little pressure on it with my hand and that helped also.

pkunk
12-18-2007, 10:10 AM
I had that problem last night. Checked the roller pressure. Turned out to be a little light so I cleaned the screw bolts and it worked better.

Don't know if this is recommended or not but as I lowered the unit, I would place just a little pressure on it with my hand and that helped also.
I do it all the time when the shop is a little cool, but only until the keypad LCD informs me to proceed.