PDA

View Full Version : Used machine Wanted

lkydvl
12-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Does anyone have a used Carve Wright or Compucarve for sale?

Please email me at lkydvl@hotmail.com

Andre'

pkunk
12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Does anyone have a used Carve Wright or Compucarve for sale?

Please email me at lkydvl@hotmail.com

Andre'
Only occasionally will one be for sale here as most of us love our machines!
However, there's several on ebay... http://search.ebay.com/compucarve_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQmaxrecordsreturned Z300

Digitalwoodshop
12-17-2007, 10:32 AM
In my opinion Used Machines are a bigger risk to the user because LHR has not been providing a warranty to the second owner. The units on eBay from Texas state in the auction NO Warranty and sell for close to full value. One trip to LHR for any common repair will set you back $300.00 to $500.00 in my opinion.

A new unit is a better value.

Just my opinion.

AL

As I stated before, Second Owner Warranty's are rare. When I worked for Sony, there was no second owner warranty.

enewbold
12-26-2007, 06:44 AM
In my opinion Used Machines are a bigger risk to the user because LHR has not been providing a warranty to the second owner. The units on eBay from Texas state in the auction NO Warranty and sell for close to full value. One trip to LHR for any common repair will set you back $300.00 to $500.00 in my opinion. A new unit is a better value.
Fair enough, but I'd like to add that I got mine off of Ebay at a substantial savings, and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. The fellow who sells them on Ebay gets them from the Sears reconditioning department, and then he resells them. He's honest and very dependable.

Ed Newbold
Columbus, OH

Digitalwoodshop
12-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Ed,

Good Luck with your machine. Curious if it is sold with the new Z Bundle of the older 16 pin cable and Z. Picture 1 & 2.

Do you know if it has the newer cut Motor Magnet? Picture 3

Thanks,

AL