PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get passed bit install

Tozman
12-15-2007, 11:20 PM
I had been doing some scanning projects and reinstalled the 1/16" carving bit and proceeding to carve on of the projects. The system will proceed all the way through the board loading to the point where it instructs which bit to install, but then it goes into a software loop and won't let me progress past that point. The machine homes the bit, strikes the wing twice, homes back to the start position and then centers and instructs to install the bit again. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get past this issue?:-x

Gallaher
12-15-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm sure you have removed the bit and tried reinstalling it. Did you do a system restart after you did your scanning?

Tozman
12-15-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm sure you have removed the bit and tried reinstalling it. Did you do a system restart after you did your scanning?
I did, I even did a reformat on the card and uploaded the project a second time. I've done at least 10 other carving projects with no problems. Now the machine measures the board, homes, just doesn't want to start after the selection. The motor does start at the beginning of the homing sequence.

swhitney
12-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I had been doing some scanning projects and reinstalled the 1/16" carving bit and proceeding to carve on of the projects. The system will proceed all the way through the board loading to the point where it instructs which bit to install, but then it goes into a software loop and won't let me progress past that point. The machine homes the bit, strikes the wing twice, homes back to the start position and then centers and instructs to install the bit again. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get past this issue?:-x

Mine would do this if the bit plate one the far side of the machine (from the LCD panel) did not come out far enough for the bit point to hit. The machine acts as though no bit is installed, and cycles back to the load bit prompt. When the machine does this, watch to see if this is the case.

Either the cover motor switch cables in the rear of the machine are not located properly, and the truck is prevented from moving the bit plate out far enough (fix = re-adjust cable), OR there is sawdust gunk buildup. A thorough cleaning of the bit plate rotation area and re-lube with a "dry" lube seems to help. I use Dricote or similar product and I use it very sparingly.

Hope this helps, and good luck

Happy Carving (and Merry Christmas too... bah humbug)

liquidguitars
12-16-2007, 01:33 PM

Are you using the "cut path" and a sled?
LG

woodknack
12-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Ya watch that bit plate. Make sure its coming out all the way and the bit touches the plate. I had to polish mine where the plate made contact with the z truck. It was all ruff not nice and smooth like it should have been. Also use dry graphite spray lube on the post and spring area. I got my lube at NAPA. But im sure you can find it at other auto parts stores. Good luck.

Kurtsara
12-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Here is what I did, used a clip to keep the lever out