PDA

View Full Version : cover problems

natman
12-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Here is one for everyone to ponder...Normally when you raise the cover during a carve the motor shuts off as well as the x,y and z travel...I'm now having problems with it in that when you raise the cover the motor stops but all other axis keep going just like it was still carving..Should I be concerned or just hit the stop button in order to clean out during a long carve project...P.S. Just got the machine back from LHR wednesday after the fourth time being repaired:evil:

Jeff_Birt
12-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Methinks they left a cover switch cheater in place :( Standing at the keypad look in the slots int the top on the left hand side of the machine. There is a small green circuit board in there that the cover harness plugs in to on the lower right corner. You can actually reach up from the bottom and get to it without taking the cover off. I'm guessing that there is a cheater plug in it. If so remove it and plug in the cable from the top cover. Do a search for 'top cover plug' or something like that. There are a few good pictures in other posts here on the forum.

natman
12-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks Jeff,

I'll check into that as soon as the machine stops this project...I have about one more hour left on the carve..The cover was actually broke when I unpacked it yesterday from the UPS truck but I had another cover from a previous cover switch problem..LHR told me to run a project to see if anything else was wrong with it and to take pictures and video of the cover and the machine while running with the cover open..It is carving just fine other than the cover problem that is a real safety concern of mine..I am carving the last supper in 3/4 thick cherry as I type this...It was a 4 hour carve...Figured I'd give it a real workout just to make sure it was allright otherwise...

Gallaher
12-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Tha safety switches are nice, but I would not stick your hand in there without pressing stop. :shock:

Bill
12-15-2007, 07:42 PM
photo of cheater plug left in after being repaired

natman
12-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Checked for a cheater plug and none found..All seems to be doing well other than that..Like I said earlier,UPS delivered it Wed. and I unpacked it yesterday to find the cover was broke at the left hand hinge and the right was cracked..I told LHR that I had another cover from a previous switch problem so they sent me a new top half...I used the other cover and ran a project to see if all was well as instructed..Everything seems allright other than that small anomally with the z truck still moving

Jeff_Birt
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Check the front cover switch then. Sounds like maybe something fell down in there and is jamming it closed.

Ron
12-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Mine does the same thing after about 80 hours.Just started doing it yesterday.I can lift the cover
and the motor stops but the truck keeps going??