PDA

View Full Version : Lost Everything On Upgrade

bamaman315
12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know how I can get back to the previous version? I upgraded last night and when I went to do a project I lost eveything even my $100.00 centerline font!!!!!!!!!

Jeff_Birt
12-15-2007, 09:38 AM
You did not loose anything! Please spend a few minutes looking at messages about this subject from the last couple weeks, it would save you a lot of heartache. The new versions use a different (and easier in the end) licensing system. I believe if you click 'help' and then licensing in Designer it will walk you through the process. If nothing else give CW tech support a call today.

bamaman315
12-15-2007, 11:04 AM
I did use help and according to it I have no licensing for either of my machines, that includes the centerline font. I did call in and they were not able to help me because the guys for software problems are not in today. I evene lost all pattterns that were in my favorites.

Bubbabear
12-15-2007, 11:10 AM
My recommendation would be do a search for favorites or one of the file names you had saved on your hard drive. they are there you just have to get them back. If i remember correctly there was several that thought they lost ever thing when they first got the new one but they were found

Dan-Woodman
12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
When you click on HELP in designer,do you see a shoping cart for the pattern depot?
If you do , then you should have another line called manage licences. Do that one.

mtylerfl
12-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I did use help and according to it I have no licensing for either of my machines, that includes the centerline font. I did call in and they were not able to help me because the guys for software problems are not in today. I evene lost all pattterns that were in my favorites.

Hello bamaman315,

They just changed the directory location for the Favorites, that's all. Your favorites are still intact.

Your original Favorites file is located in the directory "C:\Documents and Settings\(yourname)\favorites.mpn"

Just make a copy of the "favorites.mpn" file and place it into the new location at
"C:\Documents and Settings\(yourname)\CarveWright\favorites.mpn"

Next time you open Designer Pattern List, your Favorites will appear. Just like magic!

It's a mystery why you're having the license problem - it is normally very easy and pain-free. Hope you get it sorted it out soon.