PDA

View Full Version : The Crank Handle

gorchris1
12-14-2007, 07:38 PM
I had an issue with my machine going back down so I thought it had something to do with the handle. I unscrewed the handle and apparently by doing that, I screwed up something else. Now when I try to to lower the machine, the internal threads going to the gear to raise and lower unscrews from that gear. What did I do wrong? Please no smart remarks like "I touch it".

oldjoe
12-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Not really clear as to what you mean by unscrewing when you try to lower the head but if it is what I think you just may have raised the head up too far and you need to take a rod or allen wrench and if you look at the manual on page 37 it shows a picture and gives a discription on how to possibly fix you problem
Hope this helps

gorchris1
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I hope this makes it a little more clear. I did go too high with the head. When I tryed to go back down, nothing happened. Instead of trying to find my manual, I thought it might be the handle so I unscrewed it. Whatever you do, don't ever do that. You know when you crank down on a peice of wood and it stops cranking. They must have it calibrated to go down on a certain amount of force. By taking off the handle, you screw up that calibration. I just need to find out how to set it back. I took the side cover off and you can see where the gear is to raise and lower the head. Now when I crank down, it lowers the head down a little then it starts to unscrew from the gear.

Jeff_Birt
12-14-2007, 10:14 PM
There is nothing to calibrate, you just don't have the handle on correctly. take it back off, push it on slowly, when it feels like it is stopping rotate it and continue to push until you feel it click in to place. Now, tighten the screw.

jwhllh55
12-15-2007, 12:36 AM
I had the same problem when I first got my machine. What I did to solve the problem was, I found a large screw driver and between the front cover and the head is a large gear. I was looking down in between the two. With soft pressure, I turn the gear with the screw driver, while turning the handle until the head started to move. Jeff is right, reinstall the handle like he says and then get the head to moving.
That should let the gears work right.
Good luck

Bubbabear
12-15-2007, 07:01 AM
If your head is stuck in the up position. look on the side opposite side from keypad on the threaded gear rod about level with the sandpaper rollers. There is another threaded rod that has a hole in it take a allen wrench and and turn it aa few turns and then the handle should work