PDA

View Full Version : Cut from one mpc and paste to another

Azbear
12-13-2007, 07:48 PM
If anyone can tell me if it's possible to cut, say a tree from one mpc and paste same tree onto a new mpc?

I have a tree I really like and want to put it into a new carve. Not sure if it's possible.

OR

I silloette only of a pine tree I might add? Can't have the square or rectangle showing. Just the trees.

Have to have 2 pine tree silloettes in the space to the left of text.

liquidguitars
12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
yes you can but you will need to keep both projects running in Designer, one in the foreground and one in the background. Just copy and paste..

dcurrysr
12-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Here are the only Pine trees I have. You are welcome to use them if the will work for you. Delete what you do not want and Copy Paste the ones you like.
Dave

Azbear
12-14-2007, 06:36 AM
The problem I'm seeing is when I have both mpc's open, I have the option to copy and paste only on the same mpc. If I copy from one, go to the mpc that I have to paste to, the paste option is not shown. ???

Also I can not open the mpc of your trees. Maybe a newer version?

Kenm810
12-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Hi Azbear,

I've done the copy and paste several times,
with both projects open or one open and one reduced to the the task bar at the bottom of the page.

You can right click on the item cut in the cut list and click copy, or the image in the design it's self,
then right click on the new project, hold for a couple of seconds and the menu with paste
will open, click paste and will add the item to the new design.

Hope it works for you http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

dcurrysr
12-14-2007, 10:41 AM
azbear,
Sorry, I am using 1.124

BobHill
12-14-2007, 11:23 AM
COPY and PASTE are Windows features (on a PC) and you can open two Designer windows and click select (using either the image or the Carve List) and CONTROL C will copy that selection. Now go to the second Designer and in an open project (new or otherwise) with nothing selected, CONTROL V will paste what has been copied (and placed in your Windows Clipboard) onto the open project. Just do a Save As and you have it.

Bob

Azbear
12-15-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm not sure what's going on. I can copy and paste from one to the other, but not the other way around. Perhaps the one file is corrupted? Anyway, I found a way around it.

Thanks for the tips.

BobHill
12-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Azbear,

You should be able to go back and forth between two open Designs without a problem, or did you close one Designer MPC and then Opened another? You can open Two Designers, you know and each will have it's button icon on the bottom Window Status Bar. You can click on one to activate it, then click the other to activate that one. In my system I use two monitors working on the same computer, so I can open them fully one Designer on Each. If you make Designer not maximized you can do the same thing on your single monitor and actually COPY the image from one project and PASTE it into the other project too.

Also if you just open ONE TREE Pattern (even if it's in another Designer project (or whatever), size and position it, then instead of doing another Copy/Paste you do a Mirror HOrizontally (Control+Shift+H), it'll automatically position itself exactly into the mirror position and in reverse horizontally to the original.

Bob

Kenm810
12-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Here's a screen shot of the two designer files open side by side at the same time,
while I was copying and pasteing images and text back and forth between them.

Azbear
12-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Thanks. Tried it and still can not copy and paste from one to the other and back again with both mpcs open at same time. I was able to find a different tree. Copied, then pasted with no issues.

Final design is waiting on customer's approval.

Again, thanks for the input guys.

BobHill
12-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Interesting problem, Azbear. And yet you do not get any error message on the design that won't allow you to copy from? What happens when you click on the "tree's" listing in Carving List (left side of Designer)? Does it highlight the tree pattern? If it's highlighted, what happens if you CONTROL X (it should be removed from your project). If it does disappear (it's now on your Windows Clipboard), FILE, NEW and with the new project wood in place, CONTROL V and what happens?

Bob

liquidguitars
12-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Could be your settings on the curent image maps that is not letting you see it like "adaptive" or could be a upgrade
software issue, try a new project with 1.24 reload the PTN or PNG keep the 2 projects open copy and paste..

Also set Designer to use more Ram under prefs and restart windows..

LG