PDA

View Full Version : Run away part

Bubbabear
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
does anyone know what this is. Fell out during a carve found laying in middle of board

Thanks
Craig

Dale in Anaheim
12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I can't identify it, perhaps someone else can but there is not much detail to that picture. Any chance you can get one that is focused better or shows the detail on the part a little better?

Dale

Bubbabear
12-12-2007, 05:37 PM
best my poor camera will do. It is about 1/16 or thinner and almost U shaped really squared in the rounds and about 7/16 long and about 3/8 wide

Bubbabear
12-15-2007, 08:10 AM
now maybe enough can be seen to tell what it is

Thanks

Gallaher
12-15-2007, 06:08 PM
That is the diode from the Z truck. Apparently this is a common fault. Most of the time the plastic cover falls with the diode in side the plastic. Mine fell off last night inside the plastic cover. You must have lost the black plastic cover already. :rolleyes:

911guy
12-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Mine did this as well. Anyone know what it is used for?

Now I also have a small electronic computer ribbon exposed from the back of the truck unit that is disconnected on one end. I can't figure out what that part is for. I spoke with the LHR tech Jody who is supposed to get back to me.

That is the diode from the Z truck. Apparently this is a common fault. Most of the time the plastic cover falls with the diode in side the plastic. Mine fell off last night inside the plastic cover. You must have lost the black plastic cover already. :rolleyes:

Jeff_Birt
12-16-2007, 07:24 PM
The home sensor is no longer used, the ribbon cable you mentioned went down to the home sensor and probe connector. There is an adapter cable to plug the probe in elsewhere so the ribbon cable is no longer needed.

911guy
12-16-2007, 07:40 PM
The home sensor is no longer used, the ribbon cable you mentioned went down to the home sensor and probe connector. There is an adapter cable to plug the probe in elsewhere so the ribbon cable is no longer needed.

Thanks Jeff. Your expertise makes life much easier on the rest of us.

I have this ribbon cable just hanging there loose. The machine still works like a champ.

The "million dollar question": Can I just remove it or cut it out without doing harm? :( Not sure if LHR really wants us to take the truck housing unit apart without jeapardizing the warranty and not sure I will know how to put it back together again!

Jeff_Birt
12-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Just leave it in place. It won't hurt a thing and you won't risk damaging something trying to remove it.

Bubbabear
12-22-2007, 11:18 AM
now if i could find this part on that new part list