PDA

View Full Version : Carving out test

pefries
12-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I just bought my compucarve, and have not got it up and running yet. Still getting a room setup for it. It's too cold in my shop this time of year for a computer operated machine. I have been reading the forums on and off for the last 2 weeks, taking in all the tips and tricks. But, I do have a question. I am playing around with designs and am wondering if this name carving will carve out the text? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not to sure if I have all the board/carving settings correct. Thanks.

jwhllh55
12-12-2007, 12:56 AM
I really don't see anything in your sign that won't work. However, most stock comes in .75 thichness. The min stock the machine will take is .50". Just make sure the design and craving is set to crave through to show the name.
It's a very cute sign and when you do get it done, post it so we all can see it.

I would make the board seven inches longer than what you have shown and stay under the rollers when asked. Once you start the machine you will be asked this question.

pefries
12-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the help. I'll be starting it up tonight after work. I plan on planning the board to 11/16 (.68) with the cut depth at .70 slightly deeper for the pierced areas. Will be using eastern white pine for this first project.