PDA

View Full Version : Possible short?

Unstraightone
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Hello, this is my first post. I recently received a new board sensor and installed it with no problem, now the z-truck (moving part with the bit) does not go all the way to the keyboard side as it is supposed to go, it gets to within 2 to 2 1/2 inches and I get a close cover error, if I manually move the truck all the way to the side with the keyboard I get the message to press enter to clear the close cover error and it will measure the board sometimes and sometimes it will stop right about where it gets stuck the first time. I believe there is a short somewhere in one of the wires causing this error. I have checked all the connections and they are seated correctly so I don't believe this is the problem. If anyone has any information that could help me out I would appreciate it greatly. I do have a call into tech support but would really like to see if it can be fixed before I receive their call back. Thanks once again for any help. I have enjoyed "lurking" on the forum and reading about possible fixes for the different problems and looking at all that this machine is capable of doing.