PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the origin of the angel carving?

Router-Jim
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
The famous angel carving, was it originally a painting by one of the greats?

Does it have a name? :confused:

I'm carving it for a Christmas gift and was just wondering.

Thanks

Dan-Woodman
12-09-2007, 08:49 PM
It was a standard pattern in the designer library under " Friezes".
Beta testers have it , but later versions it went away,I think.

Later Daniel

Kenm810
12-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Quote -- " Friezes". Beta testers have it , but later versions it went away,I think

Not really, at least Not completely http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

IM2HAPPI
12-10-2007, 04:00 AM
Plus a few others, probably were scanned. Wondering about the copyright on these ?http://www.designtoscano.com/jump.jsp?itemID=107&itemType=CATEGORY&iMainCat=104&iSubCat=107
I seen angels here for sale.

IM2HAPPI
12-10-2007, 04:13 AM
These were from older catalog.

IM2HAPPI
12-10-2007, 04:45 AM
Talking about our new software and artist copyrights ? This pattern is for sale in our new store ??? What change it a tad and call it your own ? Is this a dont do what we do, do as we say ?? Just a tad flusterated at the moment. Dare to compare...
http://carvewright.com/store/product.php?productid=16910&cat=0&page=1

dongear@earthlink.net
12-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Does anyone have a pattern for musical notes they would be willing to share?

Thanks,

Don

Jeff_Birt
12-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Talking about our new software and artist copyrights ? This pattern is for sale in our new store ???

I notice in the top right corner of the website you linked to it says 'historical reproductions'. There are many classical and historical forms reproduced by many different companies. Take a look at some mill work catalogs as well, you'll be surprised how similar some of the pieces are as they are all based on the same historic originals.

ronk
12-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Does anyone have a pattern for musical notes they would be willing to share?

Thanks,

Don

Don,
Is this what you're looking for? If so, let me know and I'll create more. I haven't tried carving it but it looks good in 'Designer'. Hope this helps.

dongear@earthlink.net
12-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Ron,

That is exactly what I was looking for. If you do create more, please let me know.

And thanks so much.

Don

PS- This just might get done for Christmas!

Router-Jim
12-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I wasn't concerned about copywrite issues. I was just wondering if it was a reproduction of DaVinci or Michalangelo or another "Great". Many were sculptors as well as painters and I was just curious.

ronk
12-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Ron,

That is exactly what I was looking for. If you do create more, please let me know.

And thanks so much.

Don

PS- This just might get done for Christmas!

Don,

Here's a few more you might be able to use. Would have gotten them to you sooner but was having trouble with getting on the internet yesterday. Hope these help you get your project done by Christmas.

Everyone has been so helpful here, glad I could return the favor.

Ron

p.s. Don't forget to post a pic of your project.

dongear@earthlink.net
12-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Ron,

FANTASTIC! Thanks again for all the help. They are great. Now to the carving.

I'll post some pictures.

Don

ronk
12-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Don,

1 more and you should be set. Didn't know if I could do this one in time for you but I got it done.

swhitney
12-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Gosh, the pattern files are nice... but I feel left out. As a Bass Trombone player, there is no Bass Clef (woulndn't happen to have that one too, would ya???)

Great work on the others!!!

BobHill
12-11-2007, 12:19 PM
How about this for a bass clef? It's made in 1.124 so you can use the pattern PTN file, but can't edit it. I've also attached it as a MPW file, so you can open it (only in 1,124) and can edit it just by double clicking on the MPW file.

When it's edited to your liking, you can save this to a PTN file (remember that you will also have the MPW file if later needed or wanted. It's the one as I sent it, unless you resaved it as a MPW also).

You will be able to edit YOUR new PTN file you made, as YOU are the author of the edit. This should be a good example of how things can be done easily now. Since I can't upload yet a MPW file directly, I have to upload it Zipped, so just unzip (Windows tool) and you'll have the MPW file.

Bob

swhitney
12-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Bob...

Thanxs for the file(s). I now feel as tho I must tinker a bit more with ver 1.124. (I have yet to give it a fair chance yet). And thanx for all the help and info regarding 1.124. Please keep up the campaign, as your input is valued.

Carve on....

Scott

BobHill
12-11-2007, 12:46 PM
You are welcome, Scott. Glad to be of some help.

Bob

dongear@earthlink.net
12-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Ron,

That completes the set. And I am glad those guys that are allowed to play the loud instruments got their clefs, too.

Don

swhitney
12-11-2007, 08:44 PM
just 'cause I play bass trombone does not mean I play blastisimo all the time !!!! (hehe)

BobHill
12-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Besides, bass guitar players can also use the bass clef and if acoustical, those don't blast either <g>. (much)

Bob