PDA

View Full Version : Power and board sensor problems

usmcgeek
12-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I've had my machine for almost two months now and I've been unable to fully cut one project.

To date, I've had two power supplies fail and it looks like I may have a bad board sensor (won't read above 6 even after cleaning). I'll know more when LHR gets back to me on Monday.

Also, I've noticed several "bugs" in the firmware such as being unable to use the "Center on Board" function when prompted. I've also received numerous "clear board sensor" errors (even when using masking tape as suggested), but I'm unsure if this is due to it's recent failure.

Is anyone else out there having these issues? This wasn't exactly an inexpensive machine....

Sadly,

Disappointed...

acaptbill@aol.com
12-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I was cleaning my machine using a leaf blower and found a small plastic part on th floor. It is in the shape of a "U" and has two small wires under one leg. Ithas theletters RG733 on the inside of the base. Now my board sensor [ the brass one that the board rolls on] no longer registers. Please anyone Help!
:( :( :(

Gallaher
12-10-2007, 11:54 PM
I've noticed a clear change in bit speed when other electrical items are used on the same electrical circuit as the CW. Use of other equipment on the same circuit as the CW may cause power supply / motor problems.

I'm new to the CW but have been a tech all my life. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Dale in Anaheim
12-11-2007, 11:31 AM
I was cleaning my machine using a leaf blower and found a small plastic part on th floor. It is in the shape of a "U" and has two small wires under one leg. Ithas theletters RG733 on the inside of the base. Now my board sensor [ the brass one that the board rolls on] no longer registers. Please anyone Help!

Bill,

I would call that in to LHR and get one of their techs on it. Sounds like, at the very least, they will need to send you replacement parts.

Dale

mtylerfl
12-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I've noticed a clear change in bit speed when other electrical items are used on the same electrical circuit as the CW. Use of other equipment on the same circuit as the CW may cause power supply / motor problems.

I'm new to the CW but have been a tech all my life. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Hello Gallaher,

I have two machines - each of which I run on their own seperate, dedicated 20 AMP circuit with nothing else on those circuits. Had my electrician father-in-law add those additional ones years ago (B.C. - before CarveWright), so that I could run any power tools on seperate circuits trouble-free with no fear of power fluctuations.

dragoncarver
12-11-2007, 01:25 PM

this happened to me also it is the part the probe plugs into i was told by LHR that it is common problem the machine will run without it but if you have a probe you will need to call and have them send you a replacement they have changed the design

swhitney
12-11-2007, 08:46 PM
leaf blower.... part "fell" off.... hmmmm......