What firmware are you using?
LG

iq2040
12-09-2007, 10:17 PM
the latest version ?

mm

Jeff_Birt
12-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Provided that you have confirmed that your power to the machine is indeed OK (look for things like extension cords being too small/long, bad outlets, etc) you might want to give CW a call on this. It sounds like it might be power supply related.

Gallaher
12-10-2007, 11:42 PM
When I run my CW and turn on the vacuum or compressor system I can hear a change in the bit speed. I now run my vacuum off a different circuit. It is best to run the CW on its own circuit if at all possible. It seems to draw quite a bit of current. ;)

Dirtydan
12-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Gallaher,

Assuming there's nothing wrong with the CW machine, it has to be something between the CW and the outlet or maybe the outlet it's self.

I run my CW machine, Dust Collector, and Air Compressor off the same circuit all at the same time. The Air Compressor draws the most currnt for sure, while the the dust collector is only noticed during the initial start-up surge, but normally I have it running before I turn on the CW.

The reduction in the CW's speed is not a result of the CW drawing more current, but the Air Compressor's demand for power off the came circuit.

I would guess iq2040 has a poor connection some where or a faulty power supply on the CW. I guess some of the sensors on the CW also monitor the amount of current used for different functions so binding problems do not cause the unit motor or dirve units to burn-up... Could just be a faulty sensor or binding some where...

But you are correct, it would be best if all those items were on their own circuit...

When I run my CW and turn on the vacuum or compressor system I can hear a change in the bit speed. I now run my vacuum off a different circuit. It is best to run the CW on its own circuit if at all possible. It seems to draw quite a bit of current. ;)

iq2040
12-12-2007, 12:03 AM
It is on its own circut i tried 2 different ones tonight and double checked the firm ware version as well
i checked the run time on the machine and it has only 3 hours on the cut motor and 5 1/2 on the total machine time

well thanks for all the advice i guess i am calling tomorrow

iq2040

Gunner
12-12-2007, 09:42 AM
As I have been reading through recent posts it seems that some errors may be linked together.

Just a check list :

Do you notice that the lights in the shop/ home blink.
Do you notice that your equipment has a draw down when other appliances kick in.
Do you have some static electricity problems.
Is your equipment properly grounded.
Check for frayed/ worn extension cords.

Check your load center/ breaker box for proper grounding. Please have a qualified electrician do this. Also check that all connections are tight. Have a check made to insure that all elements of the system are properly grounded.
Proper grounding is a must in any shop or home.Are your circuit breakers of the correct amperage rating. I believe this will clear up many of the problems I have read about.