PDA

View Full Version : Front Rollers not compressing

bizbiki
12-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Hey all,

Yesterday while carving a project I could not get the board to load properly, after much trial and error I found that the front rollers were not compressing properly.

I called CW on their support line and was told to lubericate the 4 posts that the carriage travels up and down. This worked beautifly for one project.

This morning I got the same error again. Needless to say I again relubed the guides however I did not get the same good result.

Any suggestions?

As always
Thanks
Louie

Jeff_Birt
12-09-2007, 09:57 AM
What temperature is your shop?

bizbiki
12-09-2007, 02:09 PM
about 80 (ah.............. december in Louisiana)

newcarver
12-09-2007, 02:27 PM
You could try to blow out the 2 compression switches, If you lift up on the rollers you should be able to hear the clicking of the switches, goto the menu on the machine , press 0 and find the compression rollers see if they are compressed if a board is in the machine, crank it up and see if they are uncompressed.
Worth a shot if they didnt have you do that yet.

liquidguitars
12-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I take a 2x4 and pry lightly on the roller from the end of the unit to move the roller up and clean with a air gun " the sensors are on the keypad side".

If no worky, you can also take the side panel off on the keypad side to remove and clean contact location of the sensors, it's about a 5 min job after the first time.

As side note, I do not think oil is a good idea as the saw dust will just collect in the sensor arm and roller head adding even more probs.

LG

bizbiki
12-09-2007, 05:25 PM
thanks for all the help.

I cleaned them off (Contacts) with a few short bursts of air and it seemed to clear it up.

bizbiki
12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Front roller still not compressing (all the time).

I have / can get the roller to compress by easing down on the entire carriage,
but I dont think that is a very good idea.

It seems imho that the clutch is engaging too early.

Any suggestions????

As always
thanks for any help

Louie

Kenm810
12-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi Louie

Mine was doing the same thing, I removed the handle and gave it a quick shot of white lithium lube,
put it back together and cranked it up and a few time to work it in and it's fine now.
A word of caution though, don't over lube it your led and key pads may not like any extra lube.

bizbiki
12-13-2007, 06:37 PM
thanks ken

I ll give it a try when I get home.

Side note; what is white lithum lube and where can I get some?

Kenm810
12-13-2007, 07:01 PM
bizbiki,

Any Hardware store, Lowes, Home depot.
Just about any lube you have will do, but shy away oil,
it tends to attract dust and wood chips and sets up like mud. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif

bamaman315
12-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Have you checked to see if the sides are level? measure the distance from the top of the front rod to the top of the moving shelf, then check the other side , if they are not at the same distance you will not get a even load on the rollers. If it is not level remove the 12 screws from the bottom plate of your machine, and remove the crew holding the bar with the gear, pull gear away from the splnie and crank the handle til you get the same measurement on both sides, then reinstall everything and give it a try. Hope this helps.

bizbiki
12-15-2007, 02:33 PM
I bought some white li lube and took off the crank handle, that seeemed to do the trick.

Thanks all

Louie