PDA

View Full Version : LHR Support

mikemel
12-08-2007, 08:07 PM
A primary reason I purchased a CC last month was all the reporting of the great support that was available. I concur that this forum is a great resource but can not say the same for LHR. My Quick Release Chuck (QRC) became damaged last week when a set screw backed out of an adapter and jammed the chuck. I have been calling and emailing for more than a week now but get no response from LHR other than the generic "Your message has been received" email. I am unable to use my CC. Does anyone know of another source of parts?

BobHill
12-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Are you not able to get them via telephone?
(800) 573-1226 or (713) 473-6572

Bob

mikemel
12-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Are you not able to get them via telephone?
(800) 573-1226 or (713) 473-6572

Bob

For the past eight days all I get is a recording requesting that I leave a message. There is never a call back or email... Is the entire support staff on vacation?

mtylerfl
12-08-2007, 11:23 PM
For the past eight days all I get is a recording requesting that I leave a message. There is never a call back or email... Is the entire support staff on vacation?

Hello Mike,

When you call are you pressing option "4" for hardware support? I have known some folks who press option 3 (software support) by mistake. It has been my experience that the hardware support guys get back to you the very same day.

Ron Smith
12-09-2007, 07:43 AM
I called Saturday afternoon concerning my "Clear Board Sensor" fault and got through immediately. TC was very helpful, stayed on the line and walked me throught the steps to troubleshoot. By the way, place a towel under the sensor when removing the screws ... finding them when you drop one is a real bear. It turns out the sensor is bad, so he is sending a new one right away. I've had a machine for almost two years now and can't find fault with the service. The machine at times, yes, but the service, no. I hope you get your's resolved.

Ron

Ron
12-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Had the same trouble getting LHR awhile back called 4 times left messages no response
next message I left I told them I've tried 4 times and no response they called back the next day.I'm thinking they dont always realise how many times a single individual calls
on the same problem.Obviously there pretty busy

Azbear
12-10-2007, 06:05 AM
FYI-I have left a few messages about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I have yet to get a phone call returned. I was able to find the fix myself. Well so far anyway.

Kenm810
12-10-2007, 09:09 AM
First I have to say, I'm fairly persistent when trying to solve a any kind of a problem.
Now -- not that I'm recommending how to go about it, but I have spoken to several LHR techs over this Passed year,
and like most folks after pressing option 4, and have spent my fair share of time on hold listening to the pleasant voice of the young lady, offering the choice of pressing 1 to leave a message, or to hold for the next available technician.
I admit I do hold on several occasions, But also I find my self hanging up and hitting redial, a few times.
I found the number of times could be count on one hand, that I have walked away from the phone without speaking to a LHR tech
and on a few occasions more then one on the same day. They are there to help us, and I'm sure happy to do so.
So please be patient and persistent.

mikemel
12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure if it was luck or timing but I got a live person (TC) at LHR today. He was very professional and will be sending a new QRC. The CC is a lot of fun because it makes you think. I have missed being able to carve but have had more time to figure out some of the features/quirks of the designer software. Thanks to the members to the CarveWright Users' Forum, I have been able to avoid many of the problems new users have. I hope to be able to "pay it forward" and help others.

Digitalwoodshop
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM
I stripped my square drive the first time I changed the QC. Recommend you get the wrench set from rjustice on the forum. Well worth the investment.

Need a hair dryer to heat the QC to loosen the lock tite.
When putting it back on just a drop of lock tite will do. Any more and it gets down in the workings of the QC.

Get confused as to what way to turn the chuck to remove it just look at your router, it's the same.

Good Luck,

AL

liquidguitars
12-10-2007, 12:53 PM
I replaced my OEM "glued to the shaft" QC on my #2 unit last month :)

http://liquidguitars.com/saltdot/QCmadnessR002.jpg

have fun...

LG

Kenm810
12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
WoW, Holly Smokes, Unreal, Talk about taking to the Extremes!! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif

Time to put a Smoke Detector closer to my machine!!

liquidguitars
12-10-2007, 02:06 PM
I just could not get the QC off with the heat gun I even snapped one of Ron's removal tools But heat is what it takes..
now anytime I need a new QC it not a big deal..

LG

mikemel
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I used a heat gun, a #3 square drive mounted in a ratchet and a flat 7/8" wrench. The QC came off quite easily. Now waiting for the new one so I can get back at carving. Thanks to all for your assistance.