PDA

View Full Version : Ah-h, the dreaded "Clear Board Sensor" ...

Ron Smith
12-08-2007, 04:01 PM
I carved a few projects and today, after the first one, I received this little jewel. I took the sensor out, cleaned it very carefully, blew it out with compressed air and put it back. I got a reading with a mirror from 0 to 150, which seemed like it was doing fine. I put in my piece of oak and it read at 21. As I moved it across the board, it fluctuated between 21 and 19. I called the tech's at LHR and they walked me through the process again to make sure I was doing things properly. I again took the sensor out, took the clear cover off and blew it out again. This time when I replaced it, all I got was 0. The numbers didn't move even with the mirror. Oops!. The tech asked me, "when you took out the sensor, did you pull on any of the wires?". Nope. LHR is sending me a new sensor out today, but the projects I was going to take back to Indiana with me are history. After replacing the "Z" pack last week, I was hoping to get some fun out of it, but it doesn't appear that's going to happen yet. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Ron

Digitalwoodshop
12-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Check the wire on the bottom of the Z pack that goes to the Board Detector.

1. It pulled out.... Quick fix and you get your project done for the trip...

2. Pinched a wire like I did.... Now Zero Reading.... You unit get to smell the Fresh Air of Texas...

3. The Board sensor really did go bad... Did the green board break from the black part?
Your board sensor is in the mail....

Good Luck,

AL