PDA

View Full Version : Getting "stuck roller" error

bizbiki
12-05-2007, 06:13 PM
When I carve with a sled, I get a sruck roller error (either front or back, it seems to be random); I simply hit the enter button and it continues to measure then carves the project; However when it becomes time to rout an edge the machine seems to stop at the same spot on the right side. No error is given this time, and again if I press the enter button it goes right along carving until it gets to the same spot again.

Is this any thing to be concerned with or simply a quirk of the machine.

Thanks

Louie

Dale in Anaheim
12-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Does it do it all the time or just with your sled in there?

If it is just happening with the sled, I would check the sled for any slight deviations in the material on the side that contacts the little brass sensor/roller. Try running a piece of masking tape along that same side that comes in contact with that brass tracking roller wheel thing (sorry, cant think of the actual name of that thing right now for some reason) to see if maybe it is slippage on that roller causing the problem.

If that doesnt work, perhaps others will have better suggestions. Or, call LHR, because that doesn't sound right to me!

Dale

bizbiki
12-06-2007, 03:28 PM
The "stuck roller" happens only with the sled. The stoppage on the edge routing comes pretty much in all "routing figure" applications.

thanks
Louie