PDA

View Full Version : .mpw file???

dcurrysr
12-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay, I need a little help here, what is a .mpw file? Where did it come from and where did it go when I made a design. A search of my computer turned up "0". I got .mpc's and .ptn's but I can't find any .mpw's. If I understand correctly you can't move anything to the new designer without a .mpw? Am I making this harder then it is suppose to be?
Thanks for any help on this.
Dave

Reset
12-03-2007, 09:35 PM
It's the file format the scanning probe pattern editing software saves files as.

Tommy

jlovchik
12-03-2007, 10:11 PM
The MPW file is a art file format available out of the "Pattern Editor". It is only necessary to have an MPW file if you've imported your own artwork or scan. You will simply need to import these files back into the software so you are determined to be the author. Then you will be able to open them in the Pattern Editor again. At no point will you loose any of your functionality within the "Project Designer". If you don't have any scanned files (and by scanned I mean with our scanning probe) or any original files you've created and imported in, you won't even notice any difference in the software. Even if you had, nothing will have changed as soon as you importing your artfiles.

I just posted this in another thread. "I think what may be happening here is some confusion between the "Pattern Editor" and the "Project Designer". The Pattern Editor is the the internal editor within the Project Designer. Customers will only have access to this if they have purchased a scanning probe. It is a separate function box where you clean up your scanned data before you place it in your favorites library. The Project Designer is the software that you use to layout your project on your board. None of your abilities in the Project Designer have changed."

I hope this clears some things up. Feel free to post again if you still have questions.

pkunk
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
The MPW file is a art file format available out of the "Pattern Editor". It is only necessary to have an MPW file if you've imported your own artwork or scan. You will simply need to import these files back into the software so you are determined to be the author. Then you will be able to open them in the Pattern Editor again.
Could you give those of us that have the pattern editor a blow by blow of how to import the mpw files. Every way I've tried doesn't seem to work.

Jeff_Birt
12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Paul,

You just open an MPW in the pattern editor the same way you would a PTN or image. Then just use 'Save As', selecting the PTN format, to create the pattern (or you can use 'Export to Pattern Library').

Mikewiz
12-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi,

I haven't upgraded to the new software yet. I don't have a scanning prob. But have made some sign's using text and imported pics to make carvings. Now my question is if I upgrade will I be able to make changes to these files or will they stay as they are? Is this upgrade only affecting owners who have the prob?

Thanks, Mikewiz

pkunk
12-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi,

I haven't upgraded to the new software yet. I don't have a scanning prob. But have made some sign's using text and imported pics to make carvings. Now my question is if I upgrade will I be able to make changes to these files or will they stay as they are? Is this upgrade only affecting owners who have the prob?

Thanks, Mikewiz
Yes, as explained eslewhere, it only affects the probe's pattern editor.

Jeff_Birt
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM

Yeah, you can still use the patterns you made from imported pictures. That's not different.

pkunk
12-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Paul,

You just open an MPW in the pattern editor the same way you would a PTN or image. Then just use 'Save As', selecting the PTN format, to create the pattern (or you can use 'Export to Pattern Library').
Thanks, Jeff. I knew it was simple - just couldn't get it between my ears.

dcurrysr
12-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Okay, thanks everyone, I was worried about nothing, I don't have a probe yet, so I did the upgrade to 1.123 and everything is working just like before. In fact I don't see any difference. Thanks for the explaination of the .mpw files.
Dave