PDA

View Full Version : Unable to load size???

hotpop
12-03-2007, 05:31 PM
I have a large pattern, a pattern outline with a 1/8" cutting bit to cut out the pattern. Data uploaded to flash card OK. Put card into machine and got a message "Unable to load size". The message assumes I know what its talking about. Is my board to big? Naw! Maybe there's a problem with the program, check board dimensions, pattern depth and height, check depth of cutout tool. Ya, everything looks OK maybe something happed when I uploaded to the flash card. I'll upload it again. Same thing again. Maybe the file is to big. Yea! I guess that's what it's all about.:roll:

The flash card tells me that at best quality the file size is 1113k with run time of 1.49hrs. At normal quality the file size is 1079k with a runtime of 1.07hrs and draft quality is also 1079k but with a runtime of 49mins.

My first question is shouldn't a draft quality file be smaller then a normal quality file?

Second, what is the maximum file size I can put into the CarveWright?

Third, is there a way to get more memory for the CarveWright? If not why not?

Gary Koval
12-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Hotpop,
I got the same message yesterday when I tried to cut a project, it turned out that I had already upgraded to ver. 1.123 and did not flash the card to the new version. After I did it worked fine. I don't know if your with the newest version but that was my problem anyway.

hotpop
12-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Gary - Yes, I upgraded the software and flash to 1.123

Digitalwoodshop
12-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Might be a card issue 1.121.... Upgrade the CARD.

AL

hotpop
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Flash was upgraded last night.

TIMCOSBY
12-04-2007, 03:01 AM
think the project is too big. i've done a 10 hour carve befor it had to have been bigger.

TIMCOSBY
12-04-2007, 03:03 AM
me it would be handy to have a list of all the error messages and there meanings. shouldn't be too hard for cw to do.

hotpop
12-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Today I removed the outline from the feature and decided to cut it out with my band saw. Removing the outline reduced the file to 999k and it ran OK.

TIMCOSBY
12-05-2007, 12:07 AM
don't think it is the file size. maybe the outline was too close to an edge or something post the mpc if you are still running the old version and i will try to carve it.

blackshamrock
11-21-2008, 05:48 AM
Thanks guys for posting this thread. As a new user I have been trying to get this machine to work for a couple days. After searching the documentation I finally located this thread. I have flashed the new software, and didn't know what the message meant. Unable to load size. Thought maybe my 2x12 was too wide. I agree, I would like to see a error message list as it can be a little frustrating understanding what is meant. Hope to be in the land of the operating machines shortly.

Kenm810
11-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Welcome to the CW Forum,
Your of to a go start by reading and searching the forum for answers you may need.
And your questions are welcome here too, we all lean from them,
as their answered by folks in the Know.
Also, don't forget to read the Tips & Tricks issues
Free Tips & Tricks Newsletter (http://www.carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks)