PDA

View Full Version : Why I have locked out certain posts

Jeff_Birt
12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Look folks some of this hoopla about the recent changes in Designer have gotten WAY out of hand. Some comments have go way past constructive criticism to the point of being silly.

I have closed a few threads hoping that we can get back to more constructive topics of conversation (which may well include Designer 1.123), without everyone going so overboard. Please give CW a few days to respond to our concerns and let the vitriol neutralize. (Please)

I hope this end the conspiracy theories.

cajunpen
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Jeff, I do understand why you guys are trying to soften the anger - but you know the one thing I find interesting in all of this? You said to give them (LHR) time to correct the concerns - well, why haven't the taken to time to post one single comment on the Forum? I think that if they, LHR, would address the situation - one way or the other - it would make things easier for everyone to accept it and wait for changes, if they intend to make them.

You are a great defender of CarveWright - but why won't they speak for themselves?????? I know that they monitor this Forum, or at least they should be.

Keenosan
12-03-2007, 04:52 PM
I agree with Bill. I've been silent for the entire 5 days about this. They need to say SOMETHING.

Bubbabear
12-03-2007, 04:54 PM
What was wrong with my thread that i spoke with Omar it was a fact and no foul language. I think the closing and removing post and threads is wrong as long as they are clean

HighTechOkie
12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
LHR has very little involvment with the forums. I believe that is part of the frustration. People come the a company sponsored site and expect the company be involved.

Either way, don't expect any word from LHR in the near or distant future. That's just not their style.

HTO

Bill
12-03-2007, 05:43 PM
LHR has replyed to you check the thread below

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?p=37024#post37024

Jeff_Birt
12-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, as you can see CW has responded. Threads were locked to prevent the situation from getting out of control. There were already a few posts over the line and one individual was repeatedly posting derogatory (and I mean nothing even close to constructive criticism) comments in every thread even semi-related to the new Designer 1.123 even after I asked him to resolve the issue with CW.

Durtdawber
12-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey Jeff...at the bottom of the post from Joe at LHR it says post replies here but the thread where he is asking us to post replies is locked.

Jeff_Birt
12-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I think it was supposed to be stickied, not locked. I have unlocked it on that assumption.

phoenix02
12-06-2007, 08:53 PM
What's odd, is that I've yet to see another manufacturer do this. The patterns that are being sold in the depot are very inexpensive for the most part in comparison to real CNC 3D patterns in G code. You could spend thousands on a 3D library for CNC easily. This is indicative of two things- either A, the company does not trust their market segment, or B, the company is trying to assert their dominance in the market segment and ensure they are making as much money as they can, which is customarily indicative of a corporation that is showing less than adequate profit margins, such as having a high profit to loss due to returned units... but I digress... :)

Either way, this implementation is not good for the product or user. Amazingly, these are the only two things that should matter- bettering the product and making the end user happy with it so they buy more and spend more money. In the end, I think LHR will hopefully get properly in the game and make the necessary changes. Either that, or they will go down in flames over time. We'll have to wait and see. I honestly hope that they can make the changes necessary to make the CW a good unit and make the software more user editable and friendly. The CW has potential that, if LHR plays it's cards right, will be seen some day. Complain to the company enough during the growing pains, and they might listen when they've matured.

-Michael

Gman_Ind
12-06-2007, 10:13 PM
I would like to see LHR profit and grow and continue to make a bigger and BETTER machine. I don't want them to alienate its core user group or impose restrictions on software, or pattern use.
I have seen some very smart folks out think them selves, then get either greedy or dumb and directed their product model down the propriety path instead of heading toward an open path. An open path encourages exponential growth in useful patterns and ideas. If an organization or individual wants to place some thing they created in the public domain of the user community I believe they should be encourage to do so by all.
These are just my opinions and have nothing to do with converting logs into sawdust. I will now go back to concentrate on more log >presents conversion.

BobHill
12-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Mike G.,

Have you ever heard of "Linux", the open archecture operating system (for those who haven't heard of it)? Can you tell me just how it's helped the progress of computing for the most user groups (PC or MAC)? Just how far can any company go towards making a profit or even a return of it's investment unless it works on a principle of making money. The market place will ultimately determine how successful that will be, and hopefully we haven't lost sight of that in the United States. That's my view.

Bob