PDA

View Full Version : Cutout did not work...

Durtdawber
12-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I did a scan for my wife of a plaque that she wanted on a bigger scale. The scan did fine and the carving did fine but cutout function did not work.

The picture below shows the project. It is 18" x 8.8". The board dimension is set to 19" x 10". I then told Designer to do a outline and then told it to do a cut path with the outline.

I put 26" x 12" piece of wood in the machine and kicked off the carve. The carving finished normally but the CC never did ask me for the cutting bit.

Any ideas on why it did not do the cut path?

HighTechOkie
12-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Was this one of the first projects since 1.123? I had a project today that was on my card. This was the first time I opened the card since the upgrade. When I started the project, it jumped to perform the cutout only. I would not ask for the carving bit or try to carve. I took the card back to the pc. When I opened the card again, the project file size was extremely small(about 3Kb). I resent the project to the card and the project size was around 3500Kb. The project on the card was corrupted at some point. I can't say it was or was not related to 1.123 though. This is just what happened to me. Hopefully, you will see some similarities and we can track it down.

HTO

Durtdawber
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Oops...forgot the picture. I've added it now.

This project was pure 1.123. Scanned, designed, uploaded and carved with 1.123.