PDA

View Full Version : Greybeard is retiring from the scene.

Greybeard
12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi folks.
You haven't heard from me in a while from this side of the pond, but I have been reading daily all the new posts on the forum, and it seems that my long wait for a machine that might work in UK is now over.
No, LHR haven't secretly produced a 240volt machine.
What I mean is that I have decided not to wait any longer.
To those I managed to offer some small help in the past, I hope it was useful.
It would seem that the developments over the last few days would make such help impossible in the future, but I can't wait to find out.

I shall continue to develop my own machine with the help of like-minded nut cases on the cnczone, where you'll find me mainly on the epoxy/granite forum expounding various crazy ideas.

Good luck all.

John

Kenm810
12-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Thank You John

For all your words of Wisdom and Help
If you can please keep in touch
You will be missed http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

forqnc
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear your OK, and sorry you might never get a CC. Good luck for the future.

Gman_Ind
12-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Sorry to hear your throwing in the towel, you have been a positive influence here for a long time. I hope to run into you at the cnczone later when I try to cnc my plasma torch.

Sarge
12-02-2007, 09:38 PM
That's a darned shame John. You've given alot to this forum. Hopefully, someday I'll make it back over to the UK and we'll drink up some good tea or coffee. Good Luck.

swhitney
12-02-2007, 09:45 PM
You will be missed from this scattered forum.....

I have enjoyed your input....

good luck on your future endevors.....

Digitalwoodshop
12-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Thank You John for all the help in the pre Centerline Text Era. Your Font Boards sure helped me cut and paste my way to making Centerline Signs. I am forever Grateful.

Good Luck with your endeavor.

AL

hotpop
12-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Graybeard -
I just jumped into this thread and maybe I'm a day late or not up on your dilemma. But if you only have 240 volts available why not just get a step-down transformer to 120 volts?

Sarge
12-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Graybeard -
I just jumped into this thread and maybe I'm a day late or not up on your dilemma. But if you only have 240 volts available why not just get a step-down transformer to 120 volts?

The CCW can't be imported into The United Kingdom at this time. I think that is the reason he can't get one. It has to do with the environmental laws over there. Too much heavy metals and electronics, I think.

beachman
12-07-2007, 12:15 PM
we hate to see you go,why not just move here and buy a cw??????lol

Semper Fi
12-08-2007, 09:00 AM
John, I want to add my goodbye to the others! You are a special man and I am better for having known you! Thank you for all your help in the past and God bless you with health, happiness and success in the future.

Ernie