PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to LHR Tech regarding the Pattern Library

Nighthawk
12-01-2007, 11:15 PM
I have never posted, I have been lurking on these boards for over a year. I love the machine and love how easy it is to use. I value the boards to be able to see what is going on with other carvers and learn new techniques from people that are far more imaginative than myself. I have had a few issues with the machine, dealing with having to repair it and exchanging one with Sears back in June.

I have been totally happy until I checked the new “Pattern Library”. :confused:Wow, what a joke. Could you have made it any more difficult to use or organized? No, I am not going to upgrade to IE 7. I use various business related sites that will not support IE 7. There is no reason what so ever to have to use IE7 for such a basic website, unless it is just being ‘cool’ and ‘nerdy’. It appears to me that you looked how well Vector Art 3d made their site and wondered how can we totally make this worse and figure out how to NOT SELL PATTERNS. Then I learn from reading various posts that I will have to upgrade to version 1.123 to be able to use any patterns that I will buy from the pattern library. Dang, did anyone actually think about that? It boggles my mind of the ineptitude of the decisions on the pattern library. :shock::shock::shock:

:mad:The patterns are way to dark to see, too hard to just browse the patterns. Why didn’t you just list various categories similar to VA3d and go from there. After ordering several things from the website in the past and the “quality” of that experience, it would appear to me that a new IT web designer is desperately needed. Or maybe a group of folks deciding if it is a ‘great idea’ is actually one in reality. Then to top everything off VA3d will no longer sell PTN files. Lovely.

:mad:Hopefully the ‘pattern library’ will revamped and actually be of some use and I will be able to see the freaking patterns and be able to find ones that I need. Best way to go is go to VA3d find the pattern then go over to the great ‘pattern library’ and pray that you can find it there as well.

One other thing, what happened to the 3 different versions of the designs that you could download from VA3d?:confused:

Just a bunch of complaining…….

jwhllh55
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
I have to agree, the Pattern Library is, for no better words, Half Baked.
Very little thought went into the development. As for the pattern themselves, nothing there worth the money. The prices are way out of line, as is VectorArts3D. However, it's a start, poor, but a start.
I feel like they are using the same game plan as HP in there printers, but HP sold their printer cheap, just to get you to buy ink...

HighTechOkie
12-02-2007, 06:19 PM
...The prices are way out of line, as is VectorArts3D. However, it's a start, poor, but a start.
I feel like they are using the same game plan as HP in there printers, but HP sold their printer cheap, just to get you to buy ink...

If you feel you can offer patterns for less, then by all means go ahead. If however, you do not have the skills to create patterns for sale, I would recommend that you refrain from complaining. You are not required to purchase any patterns.

As for the comparison to HP and cheap printers, the analogy doesn't work. HP has always been in the market to sell consumables, its only been in the last few years that the price of the printer has dropped. That is what happens when a technology matures and mass production can be used. That cheap printer also comes with a "starter" quantity of ink, as opposed the days when they included a full ink cart. Again, you are not required to purchase any patterns and they are not a consumable item like an ink cart.

HTO

Bill
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
I have to agree with HTO , if you do not have the skills to create models is one thing then combine that with the cost of the software that is used an I do know for a fact that VectorArts3D does use for the most part ArtCAM at $8000.00 a copy so I do not believe the cost of there patterns are that much for the quality you get so.

Just for an example this stagecoach model cost me $50.00 and the plaque sold for $125.00 and have another two to complete so I believe it is moneys well spent and have attached a pic. for you to see.

PS Like the man said You are not required to purchase any patterns.

Sarge
12-02-2007, 09:49 PM
I have never posted, I have been lurking on these boards for over a year. I love the machine and love how easy it is to use. I value the boards to be able to see what is going on with other carvers and learn new techniques from people that are far more imaginative than myself. I have had a few issues with the machine, dealing with having to repair it and exchanging one with Sears back in June.

I have been totally happy until I checked the new “Pattern Library”. :confused:Wow, what a joke. Could you have made it any more difficult to use or organized? No, I am not going to upgrade to IE 7. I use various business related sites that will not support IE 7. There is no reason what so ever to have to use IE7 for such a basic website, unless it is just being ‘cool’ and ‘nerdy’. It appears to me that you looked how well Vector Art 3d made their site and wondered how can we totally make this worse and figure out how to NOT SELL PATTERNS. Then I learn from reading various posts that I will have to upgrade to version 1.123 to be able to use any patterns that I will buy from the pattern library. Dang, did anyone actually think about that? It boggles my mind of the ineptitude of the decisions on the pattern library. :shock::shock::shock:

:mad:The patterns are way to dark to see, too hard to just browse the patterns. Why didn’t you just list various categories similar to VA3d and go from there. After ordering several things from the website in the past and the “quality” of that experience, it would appear to me that a new IT web designer is desperately needed. Or maybe a group of folks deciding if it is a ‘great idea’ is actually one in reality. Then to top everything off VA3d will no longer sell PTN files. Lovely.

:mad:Hopefully the ‘pattern library’ will revamped and actually be of some use and I will be able to see the freaking patterns and be able to find ones that I need. Best way to go is go to VA3d find the pattern then go over to the great ‘pattern library’ and pray that you can find it there as well.

One other thing, what happened to the 3 different versions of the designs that you could download from VA3d?:confused:

Just a bunch of complaining…….

You don't "have" to buy from the CCW site. Go to the individual sites. Then again, don't buy them at all. Maybe you can make the stuff. Myself and hundreds of other users can't make them. As you see, $50 can net you hundreds or thousands of dollars in return. You just have to be smart in the manner you work it.

TerryT
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Bill,
That plaque is gorgeous! Great job.

Terry

www.go3d.us
12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
For those who are still complaining about the cost of patterns, you just have to check out my site.
Thanks
HT

CustomWestCoast
12-02-2007, 11:54 PM
Why do you have to login just to get a price on the patterns?

Jeff_Birt
12-03-2007, 12:14 AM
Folks, this is getting out of hand. (Reason post above was deleted). Some folks are really starting to go to far, foul language will not advance your case and is against forum policy. Please let this subject rest for a few days.