PDA

View Full Version : Center line text with v1.123

woodknack
12-01-2007, 07:59 PM
I cant seem to see my center line text with the new 1.123
Does anybody else have centerline and the new 1.123?
If so does it show up when you enter the text window?

Under rout mode all I see is raster and outline. My centerline is gone.
Theres another project I cant work on because I had to upgrade to 1.123.Have to wait until monday and hopefully they answer there phone...

I wish I had a penny for all the time I spend on the computer trying to get stuff to work. Then Im to burnt out to do it after I get it to work. Is'nt computers suppose to make thinks faster and easier?

Kenm810
12-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey woodknack,

That's another problem their having with the new 1.123 software

Your not alone center-line (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5229) http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

woodknack
12-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Does anyone have firmware 1.120 I didn't save it. Maybe I can download 1.120 and reset that back up the way it was.. With everything working.
:rolleyes:

Durtdawber
12-01-2007, 08:40 PM
pkunk supplied me with this link earlier today.

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4642&highlight=firmware

Recognition given.

woodknack
12-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks.
but I need 1.120 because because I use my probe and 1.121 the probe uses a different hookup I think.:confused:

Dan-Woodman
12-01-2007, 09:06 PM
How do you save the old one before you download the new one?

later Daniel

woodknack
12-01-2007, 09:14 PM
i downloaded the 1.121 firmware but now that I have 1.123 on my computer it wont reconize it.

If you try to download the trial you now get 1.123 instead of the old 1.115.

I really wish they would have made this move on a monday so we could all get support!

Now my weekend is shot for doing what I wanted to do on my compucarve! For those of us that have a normal job during the week, this really sucks!!:mad:

Dan-Woodman
12-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I hear ya ,and here right before christmas, trying to get gifts out to customers.
I hear centerline is missing, I staying with the old one for now, till the bugs are smaller.

later Daniel

Reset
12-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Designer_1.120 (http://compucarvewright.com/rt/designer_1_120.exe)

I hope I don't get in trouble for doing this...just trying to help :D

Tommy

woodknack
12-01-2007, 09:37 PM
I wish i was smart enough to wait.:confused:

I'll tell you right now I'll never do another firmware update again until I know exactly whats happening.

I feel like I paid for a machine I can not use...

Im getting sick of calling them when I need to upgrade or install something. Geez I paid for it, let me use it!!

Thats exactly why I switched from windows to a mac!!! Best move I've made in years. No need for spyware, virus software etc.. The easiest os I've ever used so far.

woodknack
12-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Reset,
Thank you i'll give it a shot hopefully i can get it back to were it was before I got into this mess..

swhitney
12-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I spent most of today in Designer re-doing in 1.120 what I thought I had "accomplished" yesterday in 1.123. I will now wait to see the fall-out from all of this before I go back to 1.123. I did not realize that if you edit a .mpc file in 1.123, that it is no longer readable by previous versions, and with the current attitudes, not able to be shared as freely (or maybe that is the point.... hmmmm)

I did leave the firmware at 1.123 and it has toned down a cut-motor issue I was previously having, and the board measurement seems to be a bit faster with 1.123. But for just those issues, I am not on the 1.123 bandwagon.

The pattern file issue still gets me perturbed. I agree that there should have been a .ptl file extension, or similar, so I knew what the "rules" whould be.

I still am a fan of the machine (owning two of the rascals and a probe... accessories, spare parts.....) but my hope is that it will not be a hole in the shop in which money is poured for frustration (and I gave up golf because of that!)

Carve on dudes and dames...

woodknack
12-01-2007, 09:59 PM
I spent most of today in Designer re-doing in 1.120 what I thought I had "accomplished" yesterday in 1.123. I will now wait to see the fall-out from all of this before I go back to 1.123. I did not realize that if you edit a .mpc file in 1.123, that it is no longer readable by previous versions, and with the current attitudes, not able to be shared as freely (or maybe that is the point.... hmmmm)

I did leave the firmware at 1.123 and it has toned down a cut-motor issue I was previously having, and the board measurement seems to be a bit faster with 1.123. But for just those issues, I am not on the 1.123 bandwagon.

The pattern file issue still gets me perturbed. I agree that there should have been a .ptl file extension, or similar, so I knew what the "rules" whould be.

I still am a fan of the machine (owning two of the rascals and a probe... accessories, spare parts.....) but my hope is that it will not be a hole in the shop in which money is poured for frustration (and I gave up golf because of that!)

Carve on dudes and dames...

How did you go about getting back to 1.120 from 1.123?
I need any help I can get at this point.. Thanks

pkunk
12-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Woodknack, I have the 1.20 DMG but would have to email it to you. PM me if you think that would work.

woodknack
12-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Woodknack, I have the 1.20 DMG but would have to email it to you. PM me if you think that would work.

That would be great!!! pm sent.. Thanks

swhitney
12-01-2007, 10:12 PM
How did you go about getting back to 1.120 from 1.123?
I need any help I can get at this point.. Thanks

After I had loaded 1.123 (and it so un-kindly deleted 1.120 without asking...), I renamed the directory 1.123 was in adding the version name (remember to do this to the properties in the shortcut, as well as the shortcut name itself). I the reloaded 1.120 from a CW disk, changing the install directory to include the version number. After the installation, I renamed the new shortcut icon, adding the version number as well. Sooooo.... I have both my 1.120 (favorite) version, and the newer (and better??, &@^*$#) 1.123 version on my machine. That way, I can continue producing, and in my spare time, tinker and "learn" about the new version....

You can decide which version of the firmware you wish by (re)flashing the memory card. With limited testing, I am currently using the 1.123 firmware, while designing in 1.120 and have not encounter any (non-user created) problems.

I am in crunch time as I am attempting to produce Christmas ornaments (from Ken's pattern post) to exchange for a reasonable donation to our local Salvation Army.

Hope this information helps...

woodknack
12-01-2007, 10:24 PM

Check your pm's again..

woodknack
12-01-2007, 10:25 PM
After I had loaded 1.123 (and it so un-kindly deleted 1.120 without asking...), I renamed the directory 1.123 was in adding the version name (remember to do this to the properties in the shortcut, as well as the shortcut name itself). I the reloaded 1.120 from a CW disk, changing the install directory to include the version number. After the installation, I renamed the new shortcut icon, adding the version number as well. Sooooo.... I have both my 1.120 (favorite) version, and the newer (and better??, &@^*$#) 1.123 version on my machine. That way, I can continue producing, and in my spare time, tinker and "learn" about the new version....

You can decide which version of the firmware you wish by (re)flashing the memory card. With limited testing, I am currently using the 1.123 firmware, while designing in 1.120 and have not encounter any (non-user created) problems.

I am in crunch time as I am attempting to produce Christmas ornaments (from Ken's pattern post) to exchange for a reasonable donation to our local Salvation Army.

Hope this information helps...

Thanks will give it a try..